Cookin again

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"Gamenight" this week is a bit more upmarket.

Do not think I can do D&D for the rest of the year with Covid alert levels and the replacement system won't be hammered out until December.

Amazing desserts here and the mains are good just limited selection for what I normally go for.

Open for suggestions going in 45 hours or so with in laws.

Good beer as well.

If you’re going for dinner, you have to at least ASK about that “butcher block” option. Besides that (and nixing seafood), the duck is tempting, as is that pork burger.

I’d also want to know more about their risotto.

Zardnaar

Legend
If you’re going for dinner, you have to at least ASK about that “butcher block” option. Besides that (and nixing seafood), the duck is tempting, as is that pork burger.

I’d also want to know more about their risotto.

Well I already know what the boss will order. This place does her favorite main and dessert and so far is the best place we've found at both.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ordered pulled pork burger.

Risotto was mushroom and Chorizo, butchers block beef cheeks, mashed spud and seasonal vegetables (carrot and parsnip).

Random photo of the view.

IMG_20211103_180401.jpg

Nice spring evening.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
All of that sounds appealing to me. Sounds like you almost couldn’t go wrong. I like that in a restaurant.

Judging from the picture, I bet if I had been there and DIDN’T order the pulled pork, I’d have been JEALOUS.

Zardnaar

Legend
All of that sounds appealing to me. Sounds like you almost couldn’t go wrong. I like that in a restaurant.

Judging from the picture, I bet if I had been there and DIDN’T order the pulled pork, I’d have been JEALOUS.

Father in law ordered it as well. Didn't like the potato and vegetables offered with the Butcher's meal.

IMG_20211103_192643.jpg

Apple and berry crumble w/whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.

All the desserts came with a flower.

Mother in law ordered that plum ice cream and chocolate thing I posted months ago. Probably their best dessert.

You're right can't really go wrong with this place. Our usual place just has more variety on the menu.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
mfLHc13.jpg

Haven’t hit the grocery store for a bit, so I’m out of milk, cold cuts and a lot of the stuff I usually reach for in the morning. So I’ve been FORCED to search the kitchen for other things to eat.

One such example was this: a sliced apple, buttered, toasted petit pain, unsalted mixed nuts, and some truffle gouda cheese.)

(Today was similar, with grapes & San Marzano tomatoes, buttered, toasted sourdough, 2 boiled eggs, and blue Castello cheese.)

Remove ads