Cheese and bacon burger w/egg.

IMG_20211110_180105.jpg

Chicken wings.
IMG_20211110_174632.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
"Gamenight".

IMG_20211117_173333.jpg

Double beef burger with caramelized onion and stuff. Was quite good.

Desserts.
IMG_20211117_180017.jpg

Apple and passion fruit crumble with boysenberry ice cream. Best crumble I've found that's not home made.

IMG_20211117_180134.jpg

Wife's sticky date toffee pudding.

IMG_20211117_180027.jpg

It was delicious. Toffee pudding is English local variant adds dates. This one had large chunks of dates and was so so soft.

Mercurius

Legend
I re-watched Chef, a fun feel-good movie, and couldn't resist making Cubanos. But I wanted to do it right, so I made a Mojos Pork Roast and Cuban bread from scratch. It isn't my absolute favorite sandwich--not a huge fan of pig meat (probably a remnant of my vegan days)--but it was really good.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I re-watched Chef, a fun feel-good movie, and couldn't resist making Cubanos. But I wanted to do it right, so I made a Mojos Pork Roast and Cuban bread from scratch. It isn't my absolute favorite sandwich--not a huge fan of pig meat (probably a remnant of my vegan days)--but it was really good.
At first, I thought you were talking about the UL sitcom Chef! with Lenny Henry.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
With Thanksgiving approaching, I’m on Turkey detail.

Not only am I going to be bringing one to my paternal aunt’s house on the day of, TOMORROW, I’m cooking and deboning 3 others to put the meat in the freezer and make a batch of stock.

Besides that? I’m also making a couple batches of traditional creole oyster dressing and some mirliton (chayote) squash.

Remove ads