Cookin again

Ulfgeir

Hero
But yes, there has been summers with just tons of rain and temperatures around 10 C. Those are no fun.

And we have on the other hand had winters with also that kind of temperatures, so there is a bit of joke that that some years there is the same temperature and weather at Christmas as on Midsummer..

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
tcWBh3Z.jpg

Slices of pan-fried NY Strip on toasted ciabatta roll with mayo, cheddar, sautéed onions and baby spinach.

Served with sliced avocado and Campari tomatoes, seasoned with lemon-infused olive oil, tarragon vinegar, and Tajin spice blend.

Forgive the paper plate & plastic cutlery- our hot water is STILL out, and we’re trying to minimize the amount of dishes I have to wash by hand…

Zardnaar

Legend
Been living off reasonably basic things.

Went to local Turkish place hadn't been to in years. Closest thing to pharmacy didn't want to walk far.

IMG_20220723_182947.jpg

Lamb wrap with hot chilli sauce. It was magnificent.

Missed birthday dinner wife gave me Covid happy birthday!!! Going out for delayed birthday thing tomorrow. Gonna hit the hard stuff think I'll do a hot chocolate.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Cooked birthday dinner for my father.

Filet of pork, with fried chantarelles and a sauce made with blue cheese, cream, creme fraishe, little bit of soy sauce and parsley (this was gratinated for about 20 mi utes) Served with rice and a sallad.

And for dessert: fresh strawberries with milk.

Attachments

• IMG_20220725_200229.jpg
    IMG_20220725_200229.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
tcWBh3Z.jpg

Slices of pan-fried NY Strip on toasted ciabatta roll with mayo, cheddar, sautéed onions and baby spinach.

Served with sliced avocado and Campari tomatoes, seasoned with lemon-infused olive oil, tarragon vinegar, and Tajin spice blend.

Forgive the paper plate & plastic cutlery- our hot water is STILL out, and we’re trying to minimize the amount of dishes I have to wash by hand…
Looks tasty.

Your water heater's dead? I hope it died as non-dramatically as possible.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Looks tasty.

Your water heater's dead? I hope it died as non-dramatically as possible.
The water heaters are fine. Worse, in its own way- we had multiple breaks in the hot water pipes under our foundation. For the second time in 8 years.

The floor was over 105degF in some spots.

The first time, we just had plumbers drill straight down and replace the broken pipes. Had to replace about 80% of the first floor’s tile and wood flooring.

This time, we’re opting to have the entire house’s hot AND cold water redone so it runs through the ceiling & walls.

Remove ads