Cookin again

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
That looks tasty. We made Spanakopita for dinner, which took an age with a toddler 'helping' to assemble it. Added some extra veg and added a little Balsamic sauce on top to finish.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We actually have Canada Dry in the house, Z!

The zucchini was Hasselbacked, then massaged with olive oil and laid in a bed of quartered button mushrooms. That was all topped with a save of San Marzano tomatoes and some spices, plus a layer of mozzarella.

The mozzy was actually the weak point. I’ve used that brand when making caprese salad, and it was fine. This was the first time I’ve ever used it in cooked food as the ONLY cheese. It just...disappeared among the other flavors. So I either need to use a stronger mozzarella, a different cheese, or an additional cheese along with the mozzy.

Zardnaar

Legend
I've heard Canada Dry is close but not quite the same.

I tend to use schweppes.

Last American tried this on thought it tasted different. Didn't stop him drinking me under the table until I was a puddle on the ground.

5 bottles of spirits that night he bought Tennessee Fire Jack Daniels and some sort of Jim Beam.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
So I either need to use a stronger mozzarella, a different cheese, or an additional cheese along with the mozzy.
I prefer Parmesan on my roasted zucchini. Especially if you're adding tomato the flavor cuts through better, plus you get that nice browned crustiness.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases