Cookin again

Ulfgeir

Hero
I guess I should have had yellow bell pepper for more variety in colour, and thinking about putting some cashews or peanuts in it next time to make it fancier. But it was quite good.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Of all the bell peppers, I prefer the yellow most. They seem...sweeter.

Nuts would be good in that, I’d think. Perhaps even a quick oven roast before adding them?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Beer-marinated oven roasted pork ribs with dilled potato salad.
kVmVDyf.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have to say, I was worried about the ribs. It’s been a long time since I did some in the oven, so I was foggy on how long to cook them...and at what temp. After seeking guidance on the internet, I decided on 135 min at 300degF.

And I seasoned the living bejesus out of them.

So when I opened my oven at the bing if my timer, I was a bit worried. There was significant shrinkage, and they were darker than any previous batch I had done. I was worried I’d overcooked them.

But having had them 2 consecutive meals, now, I can say they’re not overcooked- the seasoning just crusted up nicely.

That said, the next oven batch will only be roasted for 120 min...

TheSword

Legend
My favourite odd combination.
Peanut butter and cucumber slices...

...sweet and salty but cool, crunchy but juicy, cloying but clean and fresh. Great combo.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My local favorite Burmese place- Inlay in Lewisville, TX- has been struggling because of the pandemic. So I went there for lunch.

They said they had been close to closing, but they have had a bunch of new customers, and reviews have consistently been 4.5 stars out of 5 or better. I tried something new today.

Clearly, it was up to their usual standards!

Remove ads