Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Salted caramel chocolate brownie. And carrot cake.

IMG_20210110_185858.jpg

Caramels about half an inch thick.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Light meals for dinner tonight:

Mom’s: Homemade turkey salad with capers on baby spinach, Boursin cheese, San Marzano tomatoes, pecan crackers, baby carrots, and pickled turnips

Mine: Homemade turkey salad on baby spinach, Blue cambozola cheese, pickled cauliflower, pickled turnips, baby carrots, toasted ciabatta bun, and EVOO seasoned with cracked pepper & salt

Zardnaar

Legend
Chilli chicken currie, pakoras with some sort of yoghurt sauce. Chilli cheese naan bread which was stuffed.

The bread was way to hot.

IMG_20210115_200755.jpg

Tried a new place as our old favorite changed hands. Plenty of leftovers.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Late night light dinners from a couple nights ago:

Mom’s plate: San Marzano tomatoes, pickled cauliflower, pickled turnips, seedless red grapes, ham roll-ups with Boursin cheese

My plate: red seedless grapes, celery stalks, pita, EVOO with cracked black pepper & sea salt, Edam cheese

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

The broth was chicken broth, cream of chicken broth and a splash of lemon juice. I added diced green onion, chiffonaded baby spinach, a trio of thinly sliced white button mushrooms, 1 thinly sliced stalk of celery, black pepper and parsley. Served with a side of buttered bagel crisps.

It was reasonably tasty and obviously very simple & quick to put together. However, it probably would have been better if I had sautéed the veggies before floating them in the broth. That would have developed some more complex flavors, I’m certain.

Remove ads