• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Salted caramel chocolate brownie. And carrot cake.

IMG_20210110_185858.jpg

Caramels about half an inch thick.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Light meals for dinner tonight:

Mom’s: Homemade turkey salad with capers on baby spinach, Boursin cheese, San Marzano tomatoes, pecan crackers, baby carrots, and pickled turnips

Mine: Homemade turkey salad on baby spinach, Blue cambozola cheese, pickled cauliflower, pickled turnips, baby carrots, toasted ciabatta bun, and EVOO seasoned with cracked pepper & salt

Zardnaar

Legend
Chilli chicken currie, pakoras with some sort of yoghurt sauce. Chilli cheese naan bread which was stuffed.

The bread was way to hot.

IMG_20210115_200755.jpg

Tried a new place as our old favorite changed hands. Plenty of leftovers.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Late night light dinners from a couple nights ago:

Mom’s plate: San Marzano tomatoes, pickled cauliflower, pickled turnips, seedless red grapes, ham roll-ups with Boursin cheese

My plate: red seedless grapes, celery stalks, pita, EVOO with cracked black pepper & sea salt, Edam cheese

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

The broth was chicken broth, cream of chicken broth and a splash of lemon juice. I added diced green onion, chiffonaded baby spinach, a trio of thinly sliced white button mushrooms, 1 thinly sliced stalk of celery, black pepper and parsley. Served with a side of buttered bagel crisps.

It was reasonably tasty and obviously very simple & quick to put together. However, it probably would have been better if I had sautéed the veggies before floating them in the broth. That would have developed some more complex flavors, I’m certain.

Remove ads