Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Mascarpone is a light flavored cheese originally from Italy.

What’s dukkah?

Not 100% sure. It's done sort of spice or seasoning from the Middle East.

First had it around 5 years ago at mates Arabic restaurant. Al Sultan also used it before they closed.

Weird stuff to put on waffles. Nice meal though would have been great if the waffles themselves were better.

I suspect they were pre cooked and reheated a'la McDonald pancakes.

Dukkah is some sort of spiced nut mix apparently. You may have heard rumors I'm very partial to Arabic/Turkish/Afghani/Persian dishes.

Easy Dukkah Recipe - Cookie and Kate

Zardnaar

Legend
More of the same.

Tried a few of these places.

Any suggestions for game night tomorrow?

Tonight's gonna be a bit blah. Forgot to prepare some stuff so it's a throw something together night.

It's wet and close to freezing bah.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’d eat most of those pizzas, except maybe the chicken apricot. The wraps all look right. The waffles…I’d have to pass on the chocolate ones because of my allergy. The strawberry lolly one would be not to my tastes because I’m not a straw fan.

Zardnaar

Legend
I’d eat most of those pizzas, except maybe the chicken apricot. The wraps all look right. The waffles…I’d have to pass on the chocolate ones because of my allergy. The strawberry lolly one would be not to my tastes because I’m not a straw fan.

Think I'll pass on the wraps. Eat them at home.

Tonight's low effort.

IMG_20210615_181936.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
We have an insane amount of snap peas (not shelling).....any interesting suggestions, other than to plant less of them next spring?

Mashed peas on pie or mixed whole into mashed potatoes and served on a savory meat pie.

Basically a dressed pie is what it's called. You put the mashed spud and peas on top of the pie and bake it so the potato becomes slightly crisp.

Lower South Island Kiwiana Food: Episode 1- The dressed pie

Might be a regional thing as I just found out.

Remove ads