Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Sorry, wasn’t clear: I’ve been eating tabouli for DECADES. Love the stuff! But I’d never asked for it at this Afghani kebab shop. I had no idea if they even had any.

Even if it weren’t part of their own cuisine, a lot of the Mediterranean/Arabic places in the D/FW Metroplex are really fusion restaurants*, so they might have had it anyway. A lot of the “Geek” places are run by Lebanese families. There’s a lot of crossover from the “Persians” and Ethiopians into Italian cuisine, as well as a bunch of Romanian pizzerias.

* TBF fusion joints of all kinds are all over the Metroplex. Mexican, Chinese and Indian are some of the biggest core crossover cuisines here, with creole on the rise.

Similar here with Arabic/Turkish/Afghani.

That Indo-Nepalese place brdt for curry got the idea from your one.

"Gamenight" tonight.

Irish Pub. Looks like they have Emerson's on tap (local beer pretty damn good).

Dint think I'm brave enough to try the hare. Haven't tried rabbit since I was a kid.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I may or may not have had rabbit as a kid. Creole cuisine, y’know? But the last time I tried to have some as an adult, I was thwarted by an inability to find the local chain (The Rapid Rabbit) that was advetising all over TV & radio.

My roomie/bestie and I REALLY went looking one of their spots, and never succeeded.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I may or may not have had rabbit as a kid. Creole cuisine, y’know? But the last time I tried to have some as an adult, I was thwarted by an inability to find the local chain (The Rapid Rabbit) that was advetising all over TV & radio.

My roomie/bestie and I REALLY went looking one of their spots, and never succeeded.
I think the only time I have had rabbit was at a charruscaria. It was delicious--but everything there was.

Zardnaar

Legend
Think we have a new favorite. Irish pub exceeded expectations.

IMG_20211208_181235.jpg

Caesar salad. Bit of a failure as a Caesar salad but amazing smoked chicken salad. Finished off my mother in law's one.

IMG_20211208_181348.jpg

Steak sandwhich. One of the best ones I've had with great steak fries and aioli.

IMG_20211208_190133.jpg

Little Miss borings sticky date pudding. She beelines for places with this and Caesar salad.
IMG_20211208_190140.jpg

My desert was a berry parfait with meringue. Beautiful and reasonably priced.

Minor nitpick was the venue was small most people dining outside.

Zardnaar

Legend
Cheap "Chinese".

IMG_20211209_173323.jpg

I've heard it's actually American. On the plate satay chicken skewer, fried chicken, egg foo young, sweet and sour wontons,

Top container mostly the same with sweet and sour pork on the left. It was average.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
For the longest time, sweet & sour pork and shrimp fried rice were two of my benchmark dishes for Chinese restaurants. Sadly, I haven’t found as much good S&S pork lately. It seems to be waning in popularity.

Zardnaar

Legend
For the longest time, sweet & sour pork and shrimp fried rice were two of my benchmark dishes for Chinese restaurants. Sadly, I haven’t found as much good S&S pork lately. It seems to be waning in popularity.

It's fairly average and terrible for you.

Went to doctor yesterday. Diet and exercise time.

6:30am went for 30 minutes walk.
IMG_20211214_071113.jpg

Enjoyed my oats and blueberries for breakfast derp.

"Eat some fish" he suggested. Response "how about vegetarian instead".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases