• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Christmas dinner. That whole diet thing. Well part of it.

IMG_20211225_171838.jpg

IMG_20211225_172054.jpg

Roast lamb I think. I passed.

IMG_20211225_172100.jpg

One of the salads.

IMG_20211225_172351.jpg

And my plate.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Got my hands on an 11lb rib roast. It was on sale for $5.50/lb with a purchase of a certain sum of groceries. Trying out the reverse sear method.

Update: when I lifted the roast out of the pan, one of the ribs caught on the rack I used to elevate the meat above the pan.

…and the ribs came off as a single piece. 😄

Zardnaar

Legend
Got my hands on an 11lb rib roast. It was on sale for $5.50/lb with a purchase of a certain sum of groceries. Trying out the reverse sear method.

Update: when I lifted the roast out of the pan, one of the ribs caught on the rack I used to elevate the meat above the pan.

Would take about two weeks to eat that.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter

Ours for Christmas was $14.99/pound (three ribs at just under 8 pounds). $5.99 is a super price!

The ribs weren't pre-cut off and tied back back in?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Last night I cut up a couple of pork ribs and cooked the pieces with Longhorn Steakhouse grill seasoning. I then added onions, bell peppers, onions, all diced. Served it over brown rice. I thought it turned out good.

The seasoning can be used as a dry rub for your meat also.

Remove ads