Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Anything appealing?
IMG_20220414_173807.jpg

Last night's dinner chicken cashew and hotdog+ chips.

IMG_20220414_174809.jpg

Today's lunch.

Zardnaar

Legend
I’d probably try anything on that menu. Everything, given enough time and money.

I think there's over 40 deep fried items, 16 burgers and then the Chinese stuff.

The leftover chicken served dinner for two tonight after a bit much wine.

No idea what a chilli pattie or steak and cheese pattie is. I assume some sort of deep fried meat patties.

Meat patties is basically a fried burger patties rarely put in the burger. Places that put a bit more effort make the pattie themselves and may add herbs and spicess or potatoes, batter it and fry it.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Easter time NZ hot cross buns.

IMG_20220416_160444.jpg

Traditional variant.

IMG_20220416_124339.jpg

Cranberry ones.

IMG_20220416_101805.jpg

Trapped.

Tried a few odd ones this year eg fruitless, Chocolate peanut butter ones.

Prefer the traditional spiced ones although btge cranberry vibes were damn good as well as they just replace the sultanas. Chocolate ones and peanut butter not spiced.

Zardnaar

Legend
Eaten crap all Easter weekend. Brunch.

IMG_20220418_115944.jpg
Cheese and bacon burger with salt and vinegar onion rings with ketchup and american mustard dipping sauce.

Dessert.

IMG_20220418_121708.jpg

Injectable donut. Large syringe with raspberry jam in it while my wife tried salted caramel. Served with whipped cream.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Theres a couple of bakeries around here that make their choux pastry ahead of time and let you choose the filling. It’s about the closest thing around here to a New Orleans style chocolate eclair- as in, chocolate frosting with chocolate filling. Even in the French bakeries here, most chocolate eclairs have a creamy vanilla filling with a chocolate frosting.

Zardnaar

Legend
Theres a couple of bakeries around here that make their choux pastry ahead of time and let you choose the filling. It’s about the closest thing around here to a New Orleans style chocolate eclair- as in, chocolate frosting with chocolate filling. Even in the French bakeries here, most chocolate eclairs have a creamy vanilla filling with a chocolate frosting.

Long thin pastry/bun herefilled with whipped cream and chocolate icing.

Remove ads