Cost for Magic Weapons

SorroW

First Post
Well too continue my stupid questions.

Is there a list somewhere with the costs for those other Enchantment on the Specific Magic Weapons (and armour)?
If not how whould you price them? by gold or by nearest +X so to speak.

SorroW

First Post
Well I take that as a NO.

Too bad really for some of those weapons have really cool ideas and so on but see little or no use in our game, becuase people here like to be able to upgrade their wapons and so on.

Well have to figure out a way on my own then.

Thanee

First Post
Most of them have enhancements listed (i.e. +1 flaming burst), maybe it's enough to just work with that and figure out the remaining cost of the item as the cost for its other abilities, which do not have an enhancement bonus equivalent and are just added on top of whatever cost the base magic weapon has. *shrug*

Bye
Thanee

Philip

Explorer
That's what I always do. If you have a +1 Lifedrinker, and you want to make a +3 one (or upgrade an existing to +3), just subtract the difference. A +1 weapon costs 2,000 gp., a +3 18,000 gp., so you have to pay the price in the DMG + 16,000 gp. for making one, or just the 16,000 gp. for upgrading one.

I don not allow 'reverse engineering' in downgrading, however. A frostbrand is always at least +3, and you cannot subtract x gp. to make a +2 frostbrand, because I think the market prices of specific weapons may not have been balanced with downgrading in mind.

nhl_1997

First Post
Be a little cautious in upgrading specific weapons. Suppose a +1 holy, disrupting, undead bane, ghost touch greatsword existed as a specific weapon. Its listed market price would be 98350gp.

If someone wanted to upgrade that weapon to have a +2 enhancement bonus, is should cost 30000gp (difference between a +8 weapon and a +7 weapon.)

However, suppose we did not know the effective enhancement bonuses. Since the difference between a +2 enhancement bonus and a +1 enhancement bonus is only 6000gp, one might be inclined to use that number.

In my opinion, the best solution would be the rounding method you described earlier if you decide to allow specific weapons to be upgraded or allow specific weapon qualities to be crafted on a different weapon.

Last edited:

Remove ads