• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm not sure what I was thinking about with Treasure. Maybe I just didn't see something. :erm:

Tactics: In social situations, the hawk lord takes her humanoid form, making use of her charming gaze as appropriate. In combat, she routinely fights in hybrid form, taking dire hawk form when in need of speed and agility. In either case, she prefers to make dive attacks. She reserves her hawk form for scouting. ???

Cleon

Legend
I'm not sure what I was thinking about with Treasure. Maybe I just didn't see something. :erm:

Tactics: In social situations, the hawk lord takes her humanoid form, making use of her charming gaze as appropriate. In combat, she routinely fights in hybrid form, taking dire hawk form when in need of speed and agility. In either case, she prefers to make dive attacks. She reserves her hawk form for scouting. ???

That'd make a good start. How's this for a slightly more polished version:

The hawk lord tackles most social confrontations while in her humanoid form, making use of her charming gaze as appropriate. In combat, she typically fights in hybrid form, but may take dire hawk form when in need of speed and agility. The hawk lord avoids fighting while she's a normal-sized hawk, she mainly uses that form for scouting and to interact with ordinary raptors.

freyar

How about this?

The hawk lord tackles most social confrontations while in her humanoid form, making use of her charming gaze as appropriate. In combat, she typically fights in hybrid form, but may take dire hawk form when in need of speed and agility. The hawk lord avoids fighting while she's a normal-sized hawk, mainly using that form for scouting and to interact with ordinary raptors.

Cleon

Legend
How about this?

The hawk lord tackles most social confrontations while in her humanoid form, making use of her charming gaze as appropriate. In combat, she typically fights in hybrid form, but may take dire hawk form when in need of speed and agility. The hawk lord avoids fighting while she's a normal-sized hawk, mainly using that form for scouting and to interact with ordinary raptors.

Fine by me. Shall I update it?

freyar

Yes, let's get this one done.

In human form, the hawk lord is a beautiful, independent-looking woman with charismatic features. She carries herself with confidence and a noble demeanor. In animal form, she is a large hawk with distinctive whi markings and a tremendous wingspan.
Besides being noble and beautiful, she ought to have an aquiline nose. :p I get the feeling she should be tall and somewhat thin, so 6 ft, 160 lb? Speaks Common, maybe some alignment-based languages.

Cleon

Legend
Yes, let's get this one done.

Updating the Hawk Lord Working Draft.

Besides being noble and beautiful, she ought to have an aquiline nose. :p I get the feeling she should be tall and somewhat thin, so 6 ft, 160 lb? Speaks Common, maybe some alignment-based languages.

She's a hawk, not an eagle!

An accipitrine nose?

I get the feeling she should be tall and somewhat thin, so 6 ft, 160 lb? Speaks Common, maybe some alignment-based languages.

160 pounds is too much. I'd accept 140 or so.

Not keen on the alignment-based languages, but Auran and Draconic seem appropriate.

freyar

140 lb is ok. Common, Auran, and Draconic are also.

I'm just having trouble coming up with descriptive and background text for her, though. Totally drawing a blank.

Cleon

Legend
140 lb is ok. Common, Auran, and Draconic are also.

I'm just having trouble coming up with descriptive and background text for her, though. Totally drawing a blank.

A beautiful woman with an air of nobility and confidence. Her more striking features are a large pair of vibrant eyes and a slender, curved nose. She is dressed in fine silks and a cloak of hawk-feathers, with a pair of rapiers belted to her waist.

A large and handsome hawk, with distinctive white markings.

The hawk lord (or Lady Hawk, as some call her) is the animal lord who has dominion over hawks everywhere. Unlike most animal lords, she enjoys interacting with humans when pursuing her duties. She frequently leaves her home in the skies of the Beastlands to tend to the affairs of hawks in both the Upper Planes and the Prime Material Plane.

The hawk lord often appears in areas where hawks are being endangered. She rarely intervenes when hawks are menaced by natural perils such as a typhoon, but instead opposes unnatural forces or intelligent beings. The hawk lord most often works to prevent humanoids driving hawks from their habitat, stealing all their eggs and young, and so forth. Lady Hawk is a protector of hawks in general, not individually, and shows little concern if a hunter or predator kills a single hawk, unless the bird is a member of a very rare species whose loss might contribute towards its extinction.

The hawk lord stands 6 feet tall and weighs 140 pounds when in humanoid, dire hawk, or hybrid form. Her dire hawk and hybrid forms both have a wingspan of 12 feet. Her normal hawk form is about 2 feet long with a 5 foot wingspan.

The hawk lord can speak Auran, Common and Draconic and can also communicate telepathically with any intelligent creature.

Remove ads