Critical Role Critical Role's Kickstarter Breaks $1,000,000 In About An Hour!

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

6b23fe44b487d4ab799e793103bbcb6f_original.png

"Critical Role's The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite D&D heroes for a professional-quality animated special!"

Also on offer are theme song MP3s, production art prints, sticker sets, dice, playing card sets, plushies, pin sets, canvas bags, and more.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Pushing up to $6.566 million dollars, this is now the 10th biggest KS project ever with 41,148 backers, about $270,000 raised just Friday by a little over 2000 individual small scale pledges. Only 41 days to go, at this rate the slowed down rate is still going strong...

Last edited by a moderator:

KenNYC

Explorer
There might be a danger of them raising too much money, nothing to spend it on, or even not knowing how to spend that much money.

There might be a danger of them raising too much money, nothing to spend it on, or even not knowing how to spend that much money.

Animation. They will spend it on animation. They have days (24 hours each) and days of worthy story. Turning it into animation is the goal.

akr71

Hero
What does that have to do with this?

My thoughts exactly. I could put together a Kickstarter to fund a Gamma World TV series. Big deal! Who am I? What do I know about TV?

The cast and crew of Critical Role have worked hard to get where they are, they have essentially have story outlines already (the live-play video) and they have a ton of experience and contacts in the animation industry.

Remove ads

Remove ads