Critical Role Critical Role's Kickstarter Breaks $1,000,000 In About An Hour!

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

6b23fe44b487d4ab799e793103bbcb6f_original.png

"Critical Role's The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite D&D heroes for a professional-quality animated special!"

Also on offer are theme song MP3s, production art prints, sticker sets, dice, playing card sets, plushies, pin sets, canvas bags, and more.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
For the Kickstarter Prediction thread, I used Excel to model the available data on like, Day 3 or 4, and compare it to the trendlines of a dozen or so different (successful) Kickstarters. I ended up with an estimate of $20,612,408.57.

Now, if I plug the additional (and more recent) data into the spreadsheet, it predicts a final outcome of $12,796,796.11. I think that's a bit optimistic, but my fingers are crossed. (It would make this the third-highest funded project on Kickstarter.) Kicktraq, on the other hand, is currently predicting a final outcome between $25.6M and $53.8M...so what do I know?

Like any other model, this spreadsheet of mine will get more accurate with the more data we have. But right now, it looks like they won't have any trouble at all reaching their stretch goals.

I don't know what the Kicktraq model does as it doesn't show a large uptick on the last two days which is typical of 99% of all kickstarter campaigns. So...

Yardiff

Adventurer
I think that if CR could add more of the higher end support options they'd get a lot more. Those high end support option went away really fast. Not sure if that is an option thought.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
$6.9 million now, $600,000 till the next stretch goal. Since the six figure daily rate looks to be the dip norm, should be 4-6 days to reach that.

Yeah, I'm envisioning an alchemist artificer character proficient with calligraphy tools as a Japanese-style onmyouji casting spells with ofuda (paper talismans) and the homunculus as a shikigami. :)

Huh? Is this the right thread for this?

Have you ever seen Heroes of the Jade Oath? It was a Arcana Unearthed (essentially 3.5) book with Asian influenced character classes, including one that used ofuda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Huh? Is this the right thread for this?

Have you ever seen Heroes of the Jade Oath? It was a Arcana Unearched (essentially 3.5) book with Asian influenced character classes, including one that used ofuda.

Nope. Should have been in the Artificer thread. Damned multiple open tabs. Reposted over there and deleting here. LOL

Remove ads

Remove ads