Critical Role Critical Role's Kickstarter Breaks $1,000,000 In About An Hour!

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

6b23fe44b487d4ab799e793103bbcb6f_original.png

"Critical Role's The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite D&D heroes for a professional-quality animated special!"

Also on offer are theme song MP3s, production art prints, sticker sets, dice, playing card sets, plushies, pin sets, canvas bags, and more.

Here's where it currently stands in the chart:

1. Pebble Time $20,338,986
2. Coolest Cooler $13,285,226
3. Pebble 2 $12,779,843
4. Kingdom Death $12,393,139
5. Pebble Watch $10,266,845
6. Travel Jacket $9,192,055
7. Exploding Kittens $8,782,571
8. Ouya $8,596,474
9. 7th Continent $7,072,757
10. Critical Role $6,812,881

Pebble has three in the top five. Dang!

Didn't do Pebble that much good! I was part of number 5

Waterbizkit

Explorer
As of right now it's showing at $7,055,104 which means in all likelihood it'll push past 7th Continent at some point later today and become the 9th most funded project ever.

And man oh man am I eager to see the Briarwood arc in all its glory. I'm hoping they hit a point where they can finish the arc.

https://twitter.com/JoelGHodgson/status/1104925474227146753

Thread 1

Joel Hodgson
Way to go #CriticalRole! Their new project "The Legend of Vox Machina" has surpassed #MST3K for the highest funded film and video project of all time! So happy for you, and will be proud to join you on the final day of the #Kickstarter to award you with the World Record belt

Sam Riegel
We are fanboying and fangirling out over here, Joel. It’s an honor to be in the same league as you and #MST3K. Appreciate the kind sentiment.

Joel Hodgson
Let's talk deets on the world record belt, I'm serious.

Sam Riegel
I LOVE this idea. My waist is like 33”. But there’s eight of us. So rather than making 20-foot diameter belt, I’ll get an average and hit you back on DM. Would love to meet ya in person too!

Marisha Ray
I know a guy who can make this. True story. Also, Holy :):):):), Joel, thank you!!

Joel Hodgson
Ha! Great.

Thread 2

Taliesin Jaffe
Okay now I no longer believe this is happening

Thread 3

Matthew Mercer
Thank you sincerely, Joel, from the bottom of my heart. MST3K has been such an important part of my life, your years specifically, and to even be mentioned alongside you guys is an honor I can’t express. <3

Joel answers just about everyone who also posts in that thread of tweets. (I had to write something to post this big quote) Oh, and these tweet happened Saturday and Sunday.

A

André Soares

Joel answers just about everyone who also posts in that thread of tweets. (I had to write something to post this big quote) Oh, and these tweet happened Saturday and Sunday.

His bio is great to:

"Creator of the worlds most funded film and video project in Kickstarter history for a few more days until Vox Machina eats my lunch."

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Maybe this will lead to a Critical Role cameo in Season 13 of MST3k.

Jonah Ray has actually played D&D with Matt Mercer before (they did the whole Force Grey series together), so there's already a professional connection.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I know I'm a crusty old grognard straight out of the 1986 Red Box days, but I am really happy to see that geek culture is still alive and well in the Age of the Internet. Rock on, you fabulous modern nerds.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
This is now the #9 most funded Kickstarter of all time. It looks like just north of $100,000 per day will be the groove for the middle of the campaign, so the stretch goal should go down this week.

A

André Soares

I know I'm a crusty old grognard straight out of the 1986 Red Box days, but I am really happy to see that geek culture is still alive and well in the Age of the Internet. Rock on, you fabulous modern nerds.

What is this? A gronard that is friendly to new stuff... Is this allowed?

Just kidding, it's awesome that something like this can unite so many generations, from so many different backgrounds.

Remove ads

Remove ads