Crusader Kings III

Zardnaar

Legend
I'll need to look into specific domains for sons to marry my daughters to, normally I just use the filters, I think you can quickly narrow it down to who will accept a matrilineal marriage. I haven't been targeting different rulers, though that might also explain some of the territory I've gained. A lot of next in line to inherit places.

I'm going to browse through the CK3 subreddit, see if I can glean any useful info, definitely getting to grips with the basics of the game but still sounds like there are a lot of smaller specific things that need to be learnt.

1000 hours, I can see me reaching that in CK3 but probably only around a day of playing so far.

Well if you like it a lot and they do some good DLC you're almost good for a decade.

I started on Paradox games back in 2009.

CK has RPG elements and it's a very unique game. Throw in D&D mods and Game if Thrones mids and yeah it's a great deal.

Reception of CK3 seems really positive as well but it's the crown jewel in the Paradox collection.

It was CK2 that broke through to the mainstream.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Well, picked this up, I've already poor tons of money into Cities:Skylines and Stellaris DLC might as well add this. The game won me over when I found out there's a game rule setting for inverted gender equality, and a setting to force all religions to accept same sex relationships.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well, picked this up, I've already poor tons of money into Cities:Skylines and Stellaris DLC might as well add this. The game won me over when I found out there's a game rule setting for inverted gender equality, and a setting to force all religions to accept same sex relationships.

Yeah that's new. There's 3 things you can do.

1. Historical settings.
2. Equality setting.
3. Inverted, basically matriarchial.

CK2 got a bad rap because you couldn't but ironically queens were better than Kings and you could overhaul the laws in game anyway. Basques could do the gender equality thing at game start.

There was ine exploit you could do as a republic though as you couldn't have a female doge. Basically you breed up a heap of bastards and legitimize the one you want. The females get trained as high intrigue and prune the males out to get the heir you want. Black widow brigade.

Careful of invitations to exploding cow dung bombs in inns. Unless you want to bump off your current ruler.

I'm not sure how many trucks carry through to CK3 might have to get it this weekend.

Moon_Goddess

That's a good one, I'd eat the pope but I don't wanna go full cannibal.

My game I'm enjoying that everyone seems to hate the pope (who was already pop when the game started) and the reason is "Catholicism prefers a female head of faith"

It was kinda curious to me that setting same sex relationships to being accepted disabled achievements, also setting gender equality disabled them but setting it inverted (matriarchal) does not.

Zardnaar

Legend
That's a good one, I'd eat the pope but I don't wanna go full cannibal.

My game I'm enjoying that everyone seems to hate the pope (who was already pop when the game started) and the reason is "Catholicism prefers a female head of faith"

It was kinda curious to me that setting same sex relationships to being accepted disabled achievements, also setting gender equality disabled them but setting it inverted (matriarchal) does not.

That's quite funny. I think you can kind of design your own religion. Naked seems popular on Reddit.

Lmk if anyone marries your horse, appoints one as heir or a councillor.

Wonder if Satanism is in the base game?

If you're new to CK welcome to the glorious insanity.

Moon_Goddess

Yes I'm very new to CK... however I play a ton of Rimworld, so I guess my quest will be to turn the pope into a hat.

Remove ads