• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cryptosnark ripped me off

Wyvern

Explorer
On August 11th I paid $20 via PayPal for a CD-ROM collection from Cryptosnark Games. (For those who don't know, Cryptosnark Games (www.minasithil.com/cryptosnarkgames/) publishes various electronic supplements for the d20 system, including the Deeds Not Words superhero game.) Since I'm currently living in Hong Kong, I gave my uncle's address in Arkansas when I placed the order, so that my parents could pick it up when they visited the States in September.

On Sept. 17th, my parents informed me by e-mail that my uncle had not received the CD-ROM. I immediately sent an e-mail to cryptosnark_games@yahoo.com, which bounced. I tried again using cryptosnark@yahoo.com, an alternative address listed on the website. I've sent several e-mails to this address, none of which have bounced. It's been over three weeks and I've gotten no reply.

I'm posting this for two reasons: first, as a warning to anyone who might be considering a purchase from Cryptosnark, and second, because I'm hoping someone will read this who knows Scott Lynch and can find out what on earth is going on. I'd much rather get what I ordered than get my money back (especially since I don't know any other way to get it). So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew Rees
aka Wyvern

Treebore

First Post
That sucks! One more example of why I use credit cards for on-line transactions with companies I don't have a history of 3 or more transactions with. Unfortunately, with Paypal you have to pay that excessive fee for their equivelant protection.

Hope the company has a legitimate reason for their problem and fixes it soon.
Good Luck!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Erm...
CD Package deals are only available until Wednesday, December 16th, and come with heaps of bonus material! Click the image above to check them out on the catalog page!
From the webpage...
After looking a bit further...
All Contents Copyright 2001-2003 Scott Lynch and Cryptosnark Games
Violators will be forced to clean my giant atomic tarantula cage.
That would have been 16 december last year...
I think Cryptosnark went out of business not much later...

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Okay, I've seen lots of posts about this exact problem for many months now. It's time all of you guys get something so that you can keep your faith in PDFs.

Anyone that has sent Cryptosnark Games money but have never received what you ordered is encouraged to e-mail me at roninartspresident@yahoo.com. I will send you a free Ronin Arts PDF.

Please, only those who have actually found themselves in the problem detailed above should e-mail me. I'm gonna limit this to the first 50 people just to be sure that I'm not sending free PDFs to everyone online. And we'll limit this to a week, just so it can be dealt with.

I am sorry so many of you had a bad experience with PDFs. But I hope you'll accept my free PDF as thanks for trying to buy some PDFs . . . and I hope you'll not hesitate to buy more PDFs in the future.

UPDATE: Ancient Awakenings is getting in on the act. E-mail him at:

thefool@ancient-awakenings.com

And he'll send you a free PDF. That's two free PDFs!

Last edited:

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Krug said:
Man Phil you're a class act.

Thanks. I just like to be sure that people have a positive experience when shopping for PDFs. My current job is PDF publishing and I'd like to help the market to grow to a point that I can make this my last job. I enjoy writing game materials for people to use in their games.

Whenever I see someone have a bad experience with PDFs, I feel that it threatens the potential of the PDF industry. I try to take action to secure that future, and to make it safer for myself and other PDF publishers. Happy customers, with happy PDF experiences, means more job security for me.

If anyone wants to post my offer to the front page, feel free. Let's make sure those who felt ripped off by the circumstances described above get their hands on (not just any) but a good PDF.

Oops. I'm preaching again, aren't I?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Whenever I see someone have a bad experience with PDFs, I feel that it threatens the potential of the PDF industry.
I have such a bad experience with PDFs, they make money disappear, from my bank account to god knows where. ;-)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'll say this- I'm not into buying PDF's but if I do, it will be from you!

I'm near completion of my MBA, and what you're doing reads like its right out of one of my books' discussion on the proper way to handle a bad customer experience.

Excellent customer service, sir!

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Cergorach said:
I have such a bad experience with PDFs, they make money disappear, from my bank account to god knows where. ;-)

Hopefully, my bank account. I'll go look and see if any of the digital money has your sig line. :)

Dannyalcatraz said:
I'll say this- I'm not into buying PDF's but if I do, it will be from you!

Thank you. I'll be waiting for you. :) I truly believe that over the next 5 years many people will turn to buying PDFs. It's my responsibility to make certain that, when they do, the PDFs are numerous and packed with fun material.

Dannyalcatraz said:
Excellent customer service, sir!

Thank you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads