D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: I don't know. I had thought the eyes (IC 69) were each other, and the buildings (IC 73) had already faded. I hunk I was wrong on both counts. I don't mind Aldershot being wrong, but it wasn't intentional on my part. Sorry.

Wrex

First Post
"I fear any 'authority' we find here may not be too our liking..." said Rufus, watching the fog thicken behind them. Before he knew it, the halfling had marched off, Girri not far behind him.

He motioned to the others, "May as well follow".

With no other options, he strode off after the two.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

"Hold!" bellows Kasimir. "Our esteemed Wergil has the right of it. Rush off into the fog and you risk getting separated or lost and making yourself an easy target for whatever Dark Thing lurks out there. I relish the chance to cross blades with whatever it is but not on these terms."

It is clear that if the others choose to rush off into the fog Kasimir will let them find their fate without him.

[sblock=Kasimir’s Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr. Aldershot slows and turns towards Kasimir's voice. He returns 20 metres, until he can distinguish the large man's shape clearly.

"What do you propose?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir looked Mr Aldershot over. Even this short distance the fog was blurring the halfling into anonymity.

"I propose you sell your life as dearly as possible. Hole up in a building here where we can control the direction of attack. Where two of us can watch while the others rest until the fog clears, someone arrives who can tell us what is going on, or..." Kasimir grins. "Or, we have the fortune to meet whatever wizard brought us here and demand answers."

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"If others need to rest, that is acceptable. Waiting for life to come to us seems unduly hopeful," says Mr. Aldershot. "How long would you wait should nothing appear and the mist not clear? A day? A month?" Mr Aldershot smiles, his eyebrows raised in a facial shrug as if he feels his logic is unassailable.

"For now, though, we can wait. I can take the first watch."

Yavathol

Explorer
"How many buildings are there in this village? Although at first glance they seem abandoned, I'm guessing you three did not search all of them before we joined you! Surely we are more likely to find something of interest here than in the woods?"

If the others, particularly Kasimir, seem cooperative, Wergil starts to systematically investigate each building.

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Typing this in the car on the way home from the Renaissance Fair, so forgive typos and autocorrect mistakes please. Also, operating under the adoption that everyone has opted to run back and check out some other buildings. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Deciding the shelter of the town is more favorable than that of the mist-shrouded unknown, the group makes is way into the mist towards the buildings hidden within. After a minute or so on the path, Girri, Rufus, and Farshid realize that something is amiss. They should have been there by now; the gravel path should have turned into the cold, wet cobbles slick with two strangers' blood. The scent of the burning jail should be snaking through the mist and creeping into your nostrils, but there is nothing. Only the lonely gravel road winding through the towering gray pines seems to welcome, or beckon, you.

[section]Girri privately felt relief at the prospect of returning to town, but that relief was eroded in increments with each passing step that failed to bring the burg back into view. Eventually, she stopped. "It's vanished. It was here, but now it's not. I mean, it's the same path...all we did was turn around in place and head back the way we'd come. But where -- ?" She squinted into the fog, trying to see. "I wish a wind would kick up, blow away this gloom." Frustrated, Girri sat down on a rotting log and pulled out a round-bellied stringed instrument. Lean fingers with calluses at the tips plucked idly at the strings, her fingers pressing here and there against the fretboard. Girri didn't think, just hummed as she plucked. After a while, the hum turned into Vistari. The words lilted, rhyming only sporadically, but the rhythm begged the others to join, even if only by a sway of the hip.[/section]

OOC: Playing the kobza and looking around. [roll0]. Does she see anything?

[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Last edited: