D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

Wrex

First Post
Rufus listened to Girri pluck away at her instrument in silence for a few moments.

"There is something unnatural occurring. I don't think any can doubt that. I won't back down from whatever is ahead, or sit down to await the inevitable. I say we soldier on until something either catches us, or we catch something. Only cattle sit idly and await their slaughter"

Girri packed up her kobza and stood up. Dusting off moldering pieces of sodden tree bark from her hand and backside, she straightened. "The only thing left is this path. The village doesn't seem to be where we left it. Or at least so far as I can tell. Other than meandering and getting lost in the woods--begging your pardon, Mr. Aldershot--our choice appears to be singular; follow the path to our left, or follow the path to our right." She raised an eyebrow and looked 'round at the others, clearly seeking input. When none was immediate, she offered. "I'd rather we found the town. Any town. Preferably one with an authority figure to help us make sense what the devil's going on here." She gestured at the part of the fog-shrouded path that led toward the village. "We won't get answers from the trees."

OOC: Leaving an opening for someone to snatch up...

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr. Aldershot listens to the others, and nods, raising the corner of one side of his mouth in the beginnings of a smile. He turns and then continues to proceed down the road, twirling the stick in his hand as he does so.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

The kobza was a surprise. Kasimir listened, entranced, until the song ended. Then he gruffly cleared his throat and looked around. Finally, he nodded.

"Left or right makes no difference, I think. Whatever manipulates this place plays with us, like a cat with a mouse." A rumble of frustration stirs in his throat and he tightens his grip on his hand axes before stepping off after Mr Aldershot.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

[section]Girri was quick to slide into place after Kasimir and Mr. Aldershot. It was better, after all, to remain safely positioned in the middle of a group, flanked by the strong. She unclasped her orange scarf and held it at the ready.[/section]

[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wrex

First Post
pally.jpg

Rufus let everyone go before him. "I will watch the rear". If anything was coming after from the village, he wanted to make sure they ran into him first. Plus, he wasn't sure if he trusted any of these people to be behind him yet...

Yavathol

Explorer

"I will join you. If we are side by side, instead of having one man at the rear, then we can keep each other in sight."

Wergil cocks his head at Rufus, trying to assess the paladin, and clearly thinking the same.

"I suspect we have been magically transported again, away from the village. Who knows if this is even the same path? Hmm, that reminds me of Baron Saponatheim's wedding party!", he raises his voice, "Hey you, Farshid, or whatever your name is! I've seen court magicians produce a vision of something that wasn't there! Could this fog be something like that?"

[sblock=status]Wergil hp 15/15
Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0
Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2
AC 18
Inspiration yes
Rages 2/2
HD: 1/1[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr Aldershot turns to his side when Farshid speaks to get a better look a the man, and he (inevitably) looks up. There's a moment's silence, as he narrows his eyes. It would seem that he had made a judgement, and then Mr. Aldershot speaks.

"No, in truth, I have not," he begins. "It's not cold and damp like mist --" he runs a hand over his chest, to show it is moisture-free "-- have you noticed? And the mists swirl, though there is no discernible wind. Something has happened to us, is happening, and it is not natural, so far as I can tell."

The small man prays for a moment, his finger against his temple, before looking up.

He adds, as an afterthought, "The air takes substance, and struggles to free."

(ooc: Nature roll, if needed, supported by Guidance cantrip: [roll0], plus [roll1].)

Remove ads