Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0
Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2
AC 18
Inspiration yes
Rages 2/2
HD: 1/1[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The boy slinks back into the girl's (presumably his older sister) arms and remains silent, though he's managed to quell the whimpering for the moment. The girl turns to Girri, obviously frightened. "There's a monster in our house!" she she whispers, as though not to alert anyone... or anything. She then points to a tall brick row house that has seen better days. Its windows are dark. It has a gated portico on the ground floor, and the rusty gate is slightly ajar. The houses on either side are abandoned, their windows and doors boarded up.

The tavern door is locked up tight, like every other building in the village. As Wergil looks around, he notices the thick mist rolling in from all sides. It seems more dense than normal--for whatever normal means here--and more alive.

[section]Girri kept her face carefully neutral. She nodded at the girl, and let herself think for a moment before responding. "You're brave to look after your brother, Stout Heart. We're looking for the adults that are supposed to be here, and will check your house for the monster. Two things first, though." Girri ticked off two points on her index and middle finger. "What kind of monster? And is there somewhere safe close by you could wait while we go see?" [/section]

[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Come with me," Mr. Aldershot says, and guides the kids back to their home.

"I want you to stay here, holding on to the gate. Don't let go," he puts their hands on the gate. "Okay?" He waits for a nod. He then looks to the house, and prepares to enter it, with any of his companions who will join him.

Edit: oops -- sorry for cross post.

Girri watched the girl and boy to assure herself they wouldn't panic at being so close to the house, then followed after the others. She listened carefully in case the girl decided to pipe up about what sort of monster was in the house. While someone else attempted entry to the home, she stayed put by the children and kept an alert eye on the home's windows, upper story, and yard.

Passive Perception 14
[roll0]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The girl hesitates as Mr. Aldershot attempts to lead her toward the house. It is only after it is evident that he will not take her back inside that she seems to relax only a little, and answer Girri's questions.

"I... we've never seen the monster. But we cab hear its terrible howls from the basement where Mum and Da have it trapped!"

Girri nodded solemnly at the girl. "I'll go with the others to check it out. Please stay at the gate until we're back." She rejoined the group at the door. "Basement. And it howls. The parents trapped it down there. Wolf?"

Yavathol

Explorer

Wergil looks at the tavern, shrugs, and rejoins the group.

"Wolf? Maybe, maybe just a jib-jib. Where are the parents now? We may be able to get more out of them than we have from the kids.."

OOC:
Jib-Jib

[sblock=status]Wergil hp 15/15
Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0
Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2
AC 18
Inspiration yes
Rages 2/2
HD: 1/1[/sblock]

Remove ads