CURSE OF STRAHD Is Out Today (In Some Stores)

For those of you near a preferred store, today's the day - the Curse of Strahd is upon us! The rest will unfortunately have to wait another 11 days until March 15th. But to help with the wait, here's a look at the amusing disclaimer in the front of the book (courtesy of Derek Myers on Twitter).

For those of you near a preferred store, today's the day - the Curse of Strahd is upon us! The rest will unfortunately have to wait another 11 days until March 15th. But to help with the wait, here's a look at the amusing disclaimer in the front of the book (courtesy of Derek Myers on Twitter).

strahd_disclaimer.jpg

For those of you who have the book, it is now available for review in the reviews area.

Xavian Starsider

First Post
I still have a lot of book to go through, so may be missing something but does the sun sword seem incomplete to anyone else in the appendix?

It's sentient and....what else? Is it now a perfectly ordinary sword with no enchant bonus, no daylight, but it has feelings? I hope not because I would chuck that sword in the trash.

Someone point me to the page where the sun sword is useful!

BaneOfBargle

First Post
Got mine. It looks great. Toto, I don't think we are in the Forgotten Realms anymore. It seems to really nail the scary, weird, foreboding, something is not quite right here, feeling that is Ravenloft.

pukunui

Legend
For someone who has the book: Is it like Princes of the Apocalypse, where it gives you guidelines on what level is best for each area, or is it more like Out of the Abyss, where there's very little indication of what level the PCs should be at any given point in the adventure?

I ask because the version I playtested was for a narrower (and somewhat higher) level range than 1-10, yet the table of contents appears to cover all the same stuff, so I'm curious to see whether they made some areas easier or what.

Last edited by a moderator:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
For someone who has the book: Is it like Princes of the Apocalypse, where it gives you guidelines on what level is best for each area, or is it more like Out of the Abyss, where there's very little indication of what level the PCs should be at any given point in the adventure?

I ask because the version I playtested was for a narrower (and somewhat higher) level range than 1-10, yet the table of contents appears to cover all the same stuff, so I'm curious to see whether they made some areas easier or what.

They actually expect the party to be third level. The Haunted House is provided to get them there if they're not already and then it's "here's a sandbox full of variously-leveled threats. Good luck!" Some retreats will be in order, I think. I'm okay with that as I'm the sort of DM who will let them run away, but it could be deadly for some groups.

pukunui

Legend
OK, so it's like Abyss. When I eventually get my copy, I'll have to do a comparison and see whether they ended up toning some stuff down or what. I was hoping to run the campaign for my home group, but I was expecting it to cover only a few levels.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Got my copy. The quality of the artwork blew me away. The format is as obnoxious as ever, but there's a whole internet out there for me to rant about that.
[sblock]View attachment 75194[/sblock]This adventure is a huge step up from OotA. It actually has an introduction with an overview and synopsis.

Remove ads

Remove ads