D&D 3.5 Gift Set - What will be or you want to see in it?

Ran

First Post
Okay, I have seen it for such a long time on enworld home page, but at wizards website we can barely find somthing about it, all I have found was a small writing saying it is due to september, what seems to be not the case.

Anyone knows what is gonna be inside it?

Okay, at least we can say what we would like to see in it that is not on the Core rulebooks now...

For myself:

1. The update booklet in print and color.

2. New art in the whole books with premier covers.

3. Spell Templates and a Grid that is durable.

4. Some Encounter Cards of the whole monster manual.

5. A DM's Screen.

6. A rule reference guide with page and book on the whole 3 books or, who knows, every D&D book released (not realms or the like).

Go on, let us dream of a time where we can wish and it happens... not like we are gonna see it all...

Zulithe

Explorer
From my understanding, the Gift Set includes the 3 new 3.5E core books in a slipcase that has original art on it (i'm sure in the same style as the core rulebook covers). AFAIK that is all.

But your ideas would sweeted the deal a bit ;) ESPECIALLY a DM screen, since I can't find a copy of Dragon 310 anywhere. But then, the new DM screen should be on sale later this year along with the new player sheets...

Anyway, if I had my way, I would add a few sheets of game tokens like the ones found in the D&D adventure set. I love those, very very useful!

KenM

Banned
Banned
Be nice if the books would be errattaed for the gift set, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Kwyn

First Post
It's too soon for a new printing. I can't imagine it being anything more than the 3 core books in a box with one open side, kinda like fantasy novels come in sometimes.

Sage

Explorer
I remember something about there being loads of sidebars explaining all the rules, and ecpecially rules changes (as in: Why is this rule like this, and why did we change this rule?).

Sounds cool to me, but I only read about it once, and can't remember where :(

Sage

Ran

First Post
If it is just the three books with an open box to have them in it would be more than a bad idea, at least I think so... at least give us those sidebasr the sage said (hey, it sounded very canon... hehehe)...

I am opening a thread on the top books you think there are out there... come and say what they are!

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Annotated PHB

Ran said:
at least give us those sidebasr the sage said (hey, it sounded very canon... hehehe)...

That sounds more like The Annotated Player's Handbook, out sometime in the future, written by SKip Williams. Published by... by... by a company I don't have that much faith in, actually. But Skip is cool, so it might be worth picking up.

Or wait, when I come to think of it, someone said that The Annotated Player's Handbook is the SRD with all the sage advice tacked on to it. Or something like that.

I doubt that would make it into the gift set though. As far as I have heard, it's a slipcover and the three books, that's all. But don't take just my word for it.

Cheers!

Maggan

Remove ads