D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape- In Through the Out Door (Full)

I like the Sigilese. I'm new to playing Planescape, so it's good to read about things like the puddle ooze and deaders. Picayune's Nawlins dialect translates less well to the printed word; as Picayune accrues believers over time, I may phase out his dropped syllables...they're trickier for readers to understand and labor intensive for me to write.

Wish there was an easy way to create and post sound clips. Boo.

OOC: So, question! What does Picayune look like? Can we see through him or does he look solid or can we not see him at all? Can we hear him? Would there be a reason for us to think he is "dead"? Obviously the little light fairy would not take super kindly to death so I just want to have an idea if she senses that. What does everyone look like, if you haven't described yourself yet? Sorry to be a pita! ;)
[MENTION=6781406]Unsung[/MENTION], need your input. Picayune is incorporeal undead. He can phase through things. I currently envision him as communicating solely through the message cantrip because he has no body, no voice. I realized, as I've been posting for him in the IC, that I also envision him as invisible. But you and I never negotiated for invisibility. So. Yeah. I need your input. Is he visible or invisible? Does he look like a ghost? Can people see a "ghostly (there's that damn word again) outline" of his form? goatunit and I have been rping as if Eurid does not see Picayune. Hell, I've even been careful not to refer to Picayune by name in the IC; I've been calling him "the effigy." My thinking is that he's still an idea, and as an idea, he doesn't truly exist yet.

Ack. The humanity. The philosophy! I feel like I'm caught in Plato's cave. Someone put a stick and a shield in my hand already; I know what to do with those.

My intent was TOTALLY that Liliana would have felt Picayune phase through her. I was hoping Unsung would provide the description for how his phasing through her might have felt, or that you would respond in the IC with how it felt (I was going to just outright state that it felt "cold" but I didn't want to presume how someone else's PC felt).

Basically, Picayune is goading Liliana, just like I had him goad Eurid. It's kind of an a-hole thing to do, but also kind of playful. Along that line, I thought about Infusing someone, but that seemed like an extreme move this early. Rest assured, though, I'm totally gonna try to Infuse one of our number at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Unsung

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
Unsung, need your input. Picayune is incorporeal undead. He can phase through things. I currently envision him as communicating solely through the message cantrip because he has no body, no voice. I realized, as I've been posting for him in the IC, that I also envision him as invisible. But you and I never negotiated for invisibility. So. Yeah. I need your input. Is he visible or invisible? Does he look like a ghost? Can people see a "ghostly (there's that damn word again) outline" of his form? goatunit and I have been rping as if Eurid does not see Picayune. Hell, I've even been careful not to refer to Picayune by name in the IC; I've been calling him "the effigy." My thinking is that he's still an idea, and as an idea, he doesn't truly exist yet.

I'm content with it as-is so far. Being invisible and inaudible are sort of self-limiting at this point. If you later decide you wanted to become visible and invisible both at-will, that would be something we'd need to negotiate a little bit. Based on what you'd written, I'd imagined Picayune, while passing through walls, did not fade in and out of visibility. Perhaps given his reflexive need to be believed in, that's a step too close to oblivion?

CanadienneBacon said:
Basically, Picayune is goading Liliana, just like I had him goad Eurid. It's kind of an a-hole thing to do, but also kind of playful. Along that line, I thought about Infusing someone, but that seemed like an extreme move this early. Rest assured, though, I'm totally gonna try to Infuse one of our number at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Conflict is good. If Planescape is about anything, it's philosophers with clubs. Mortals and outsiders armed and ready to give their lives in defense (or offense) of an idea, or an ideology.

Unsung said:
I'm content with it as-is so far. Being invisible and inaudible are sort of self-limiting at this point. If you later decide you wanted to become visible and invisible both at-will, that would be something we'd need to negotiate a little bit. Based on what you'd written, I'd imagined Picayune, while passing through walls, did not fade in and out of visibility. Perhaps given his reflexive need to be believed in, that's a step too close to oblivion?
It's never been my intent to have Picayune be invisible at will. But, for rp-purposes only, I'd like Picayune to be invisible for just a while longer. I will make sure he becomes visible before our first encounter as a group with another creature.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I figured Lili saw Eurid and Graydon and Shard a, for this place anyway, somewhat shiny thing flying around, and she wanted to play. I have no problem RPing the flyby, I just wanted to make sure that you wanted it that we didn't see or hear you. It's cool otherwise ;)

Remove ads