D&D 5E Player's Handbook Official Errata

There's a new printing of the 5E Player's Handbook a'coming. It "corrects some typos while clarifying a few rules." But for those of us who already have a 5E Player's Handbook, there's a one-page PDF of official errata now available. It contains 51 items, covering classes, equipment, feats, spells, and more.

There's a new printing of the 5E Player's Handbook a'coming. It "corrects some typos while clarifying a few rules." But for those of us who already have a 5E Player's Handbook, there's a one-page PDF of official errata now available. It contains 51 items, covering classes, equipment, feats, spells, and more.

Download it right here! The errata has already been incorporated into the free Basic Rules.

Kinneus

Explorer
Another concern: re-defining unarmed strikes as specifically definitely 100% not weapon attacks might have some serious repercussions for Monks. Specifically, it messes up the dwarven Fighter/Monk character I wanted to make pretty bad.

I'm good with the errata but maybe I should have waited to have bought the extra two PHBs. I'll just stick, the errata page in those two and my copy and now I have three PHB for players and I'll get the new errata PHB for me. Just an excuse to get a new book on my part. :)

GlassJaw

Hero
Another concern: re-defining unarmed strikes as specifically definitely 100% not weapon attacks might have some serious repercussions for Monks. Specifically, it messes up the dwarven Fighter/Monk character I wanted to make pretty bad.

If you were planning on going the Battle Master path, it looks like you'll have to use a monk weapon to use most of those abilities.

I certainly don't like that unarmed strikes don't count as weapons for monks.

This looks pretty good. There are about 3 entries that won't apply to me (since I have house rules that invalidate them), but everything else seems pretty solid.

The clarifications on Hiding and Vision and Light are particularly good. That single little blurb on Hiding just made about a thousand or more pages of internet debate (too many of which I've participated in myself) completely meaningless, and hopefully will eliminate it happening again.

The biggest repercussion for the Monk WRT unarmed strikes no longer being a weapon is that unarmed Monks can't use Stunning Strike anymore. Pfffffffft.

Shadowdweller00

Adventurer
The biggest repercussion for the Monk WRT unarmed strikes no longer being a weapon is that unarmed Monks can't use Stunning Strike anymore. Pfffffffft.
Unarmed strikes also now bypass almost all resistance to nonmagical damage. Since most forms of physical resistance specify that they apply to weapon attacks. Which I guess makes ki-empowered strikes redundant.

Kinneus

Explorer
If you were planning on going the Battle Master path, it looks like you'll have to use a monk weapon to use most of those abilities.

I certainly don't like that unarmed strikes don't count as weapons for monks.
Actually I was interested in going Champion and getting an expanded crit range on my Flurry of Blows attacks. Either way, though... yeah. This puts a crimp on multi-classing monks.

Remove ads

Remove ads