• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Player's Handbook Official Errata

There's a new printing of the 5E Player's Handbook a'coming. It "corrects some typos while clarifying a few rules." But for those of us who already have a 5E Player's Handbook, there's a one-page PDF of official errata now available. It contains 51 items, covering classes, equipment, feats, spells, and more.

There's a new printing of the 5E Player's Handbook a'coming. It "corrects some typos while clarifying a few rules." But for those of us who already have a 5E Player's Handbook, there's a one-page PDF of official errata now available. It contains 51 items, covering classes, equipment, feats, spells, and more.

Download it right here! The errata has already been incorporated into the free Basic Rules.

Interesting.

Some of these appear common sense (1/day = long rest), but some (the ammo property, unarmed strikes) are bigger. None seem on the level of 4e level errata (no re-writes, sorry GWM/SS, beastmaster, or Concentration haters) but solid stuff.

This is the level of errata I can handle.
They did give the beastmaster something though.

"Bestial Fury (p. 93). When you commandthe beast to take the Attack action,the beast can attack twice or take the Multiattackaction if it has that action."

Bam. Beast damage now doubled.

They did give the beastmaster something though.

"Bestial Fury (p. 93). When you commandthe beast to take the Attack action,the beast can attack twice or take the Multiattackaction if it has that action."

Bam. Beast damage now doubled.

It's no different than before at Lv. 11, except the Giant Badger is completely pointless now.

Coredump

Explorer
From the Adventures League Local Coordinator's discussion: http://prntscr.com/7fk83i

That's the most authoritative answer we have so far, an AL Regional Coordinator. The clarification so far is that for example: if I knock down something with magic missile with darts left, the other darts cannot target another creature if I wish to twin, they are "wasted".
No, you can't twin Magic missile at all. It can target multiple creatures, thus it can't be twinned....

gyor

Legend
Anyone notice how much more powerful Magic Iniate got as a feat. I heard a rules interruptation rescently that if the 1st level spell chosen belonged to a class you have the spell was basically an extra spell known, but the errata does not have that restriction. If your playing a single class wizard for example and you take Magic Iniatate cleric and choose healing word, you can now cast it using any of your wizard slots.

Also I did not know Beast Companions had reactions so that's new to me and a big buff, while I was always under the impression that beasts could use they're multiattack as an attack.

And the unarmed strike being a weapon did cause problems in any situation that required you to have a limited set of weapons. Example say you take the dualist fighting style and weild a rapier, if unarmed strikes can as a weapon, it would count as weilding two weapons, now it doesn't. That being said it seems to have unfortunate side effects.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I was just referring the 4e (and late 3e) level of "replace X power/spell/feat with Y text", which happened to powers like come and get it. Nothing here reaches that level.

Except that there is at least one like that--not for a power, sure, but for the Weapon rules, where it gives replacement text in quotes.

And several of these are "natural language" equivalents of exactly what you're talking about--appending an extra line (like "Paladins can use any spell slot, not just Paladin ones" or "doesn't benefit cantrips"), tweaking a line already present ("The third benefit should say climbing doesn't cost extra movement"), or cropping out a line that was present ("Ignore the third benefit.")

Yes, many of these things are not small tweaks to individual powers...because "individual powers" is a concept that makes little to no sense within the 5e framework. But the errata's effect, here, is identical to that of most of the errata from 4e--adding, cropping, or tweaking individual lines/paragraphs from a variety of things.

They always said it would be a "living ruleset", but I think they meant "we're not re-writing the beastmaster in the second printing of the PHB" version of errata.

Did the 4e Beastmaster get that heavy of an overhaul? No one has ever mentioned something like that to me...but I don't really like rangers so my ignorance does not necessarily mean anything.

I'm quite surprised contagion didn't get errata.

I, too, am surprised that they haven't addressed several of the super-ambiguous spells, with Contagion being the chief among them.

Jeffery Clark

First Post
No, you can't twin Magic missile at all. It can target multiple creatures, thus it can't be twinned....

Look at the facebook discussion - magic missile can be twinned if it only targets a single creature. Just because it can target multiples doesn't mean it can't be twinned. There are 2 conditions, 1 of which must be no:

1) Can it potentially target multiple creatures? Yes/No
2) If 1 is Yes, does it target multiple creatures? Yes/No

1 or 2 must be no. Acid Splash is another example. It can target 1 or 2 creatures. So the answer to 1 would be yes, but 2 can be either yes or no. If 2 is no, then acid splash can be twinned.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyor

Legend
And Twinned Spell still has a use, twinned charm, twinned dominate, twinned raised the dead (Life Favoured Soul), twinned cure wounds, twinned haste, ect...

Remove ads

Remove ads