D&D and the rising pandemic

Just got my 2nd shot.

Now with my newly acquired magnetic powers, I will rule the world!

Ian-McKellen-as-Magneto-in-X-Men-591945.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That's impressive. People in Germany just seem to not care. Admittely I never got mine until it was offered at work. Just once a year knock on a door I pass by daily anyway. If I had to make an extra appointment at my doctor and go there in my free time, I wouldn't bother to get it too
I was actually surprised to see our number so low…which, given how the CURRENT vaccination push is going, probably shouldn’t have been a surprise.

After all, if you’re insured, it’s free, and is available in doctors offices and pharmacies of all kinds. Including the ones in grocery stores. It may be easier to get a flu shot in the USA than a complicated cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Might be a balls up in my vaccine appointment. Found out today you're supposed to get a confirmation message which I didn't get. Did get a message saying your XYZ has expired but ignore this message if you have already made an appointment.

Have to ring the phone number and check if I actually have said appointment I thought I did.
Good luck with that!

CapnZapp

Legend
In 2018-2019, @63% of kids and 45% of adults got their flu vaccines in the USA.
Wow.

Where I live flu shots are a thing only the elderly do. I wouldn't have known about it (before the pandemic that is) if my mother hadn't said she started having them five years ago or so, and she's past 80.

Since yearly shots is exceedingly likely to be a thing for everybody now, I'm sure we'll eventually get a combo shot against all of it...

Zardnaar

Legend
I believe it. I have found Starbucks coffee far too-roasted-but-too-thin at-the-same-time if that makes sense.

Failed in Aussie not doing well here.

I think the standard shot here is a USA double. Nation of coffee tweakers.

If Delta gets in here and spreads we're kinda screwed 7 ways to Sunday.

RSV did a number.

Single case in the wild will be another lockdown. Level 4 everything is closed except for essential services (food production, freight energy etc). No food deliveries or takeout either.

Mirtek

Hero
I was actually surprised to see our number so low…which, given how the CURRENT vaccination push is going, probably shouldn’t have been a surprise.

After all, if you’re insured, it’s free, and is available in doctors offices and pharmacies of all kinds. Including the ones in grocery stores. It may be easier to get a flu shot in the USA than a complicated cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Beide the gap in insurance between USA and Germany (almost impossible to not be insured here) that explains it. Here you can only get it from a doctor, not in pharmacies and certainly not in grocery stores (which in Germany are not even allowed to sell any meds).

And with a doctor here you either have a fixed appointmemt made far in advance or you may go to one of there walk in periods, but then you might very well have to wait an hour or more until you're up.

So unless your company has it's own doctor for employees to be visited during work, it requires a focused effort to get the shot.

At least it's free for anyone and most insurances actually reward you for doing it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not sure how I got the flu vaccine last year. It was free though. Think I went to doctor for something else and got offered the vaccine. Needles don't bother me so got it in lockdown in a garage basically.

Remove ads