• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

GreyLord

Legend
Well, I had someone call asking for Toilet paper. It's a manufactured crisis, but it's still a crisis. Officially, I hope people have TP cause right now it doesn't seem available in our area. For those that don't have any, it could be an emergency.

I have a couple of bottles that could be converted to squirt bottles. I told my SO that once they are out, don't toss them. We may need them for impromptu bidets if the toilet paper situation doesn't improve.

Good for now though. One of my RPG buddies isn't though. I told him maybe a government building might have some in their bathrooms, go and take a whole bunch there???

Not sure what to tell people when their TP run out.

reelo

Hero
Well, my partner and I made a hard choice. I will no longer be seeing her for a while (we live in different houses) her younger son sees his irresponsible dad every week and she lives next to her mom. And my son insists on going over to his girlfriends house, and she has two teen siblings who think they are immune and still go out to public places every day to hang out. Their mom works at a retirement home, so you’d think they would have a shred of good judgment

Since we’ve had several cases in this town, the risk is just too high so we made the decision. Bleh. I hope we get widespread tests quickly.
"I'm young and healthy, this won't affect me much" is the Millennial's version of "I'm old, I don't care about climate change."
Two sides of the same coin.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Regardless of the pattern, epidemiologists have been saying that long term this virus will be another childhood disease like chickenpox. This is why the WHO finally called it a pandemic - it's here to stay.

We do not have evidence to support that, like chicken pox, once you get this you have long-term immunity,

For another, while there are no hard and fast rules to the definition of pandemic these days, "it is here to stay" is not among them. Pandemics are acute events. The flu is "here to stay", but is only classified as a pandemic in very severe years.

Same. Even using moisturizer, I've gotten some paper cuts so bad they've still been bleeding a little the next day.

After trying out platform after platform, I've settled on using Discord to keep my gaming group going. Got signed up, then installed and configured it in less than 10 minutes.

Get moisturizer if your using soap and water. Hands are so dry lol.

NotAYakk

Legend
Same. Even using moisturizer, I've gotten some paper cuts so bad they've still been bleeding a little the next day.

After trying out platform after platform, I've settled on using Discord to keep my gaming group going. Got signed up, then installed and configured it in less than 10 minutes.
How do you play? Just TOTM and dice rolling bot?

"I'm young and healthy, this won't affect me much" is the Millennial's version of "I'm old, I don't care about climate change."
Two sides of the same coin.
The difference is that the Boomers are old enough to know better. The poster is literally talking about teenagers, from whom we don’t except sober judgment.

Remove ads