D&D and the rising pandemic

We won't have played a session until this weekend, but yeah, I run theater of the mind. I found that a lot of the dedicated platforms just had more stuff than I actually needed. Haven't looked at dice roller bots yet - all we've done so far is test out our A/V set-ups. I'm thinking about a bot for background music, but I want to let everyone get used to the platform before trying the bells and whistles.

How do you play? Just TOTM and dice rolling bot?

Oofta

Legend
We won't have played a session until this weekend, but yeah, I run theater of the mind. I found that a lot of the dedicated platforms just had more stuff than I actually needed. Haven't looked at dice roller bots yet - all we've done so far is test out our A/V set-ups. I'm thinking about a bot for background music, but I want to let everyone get used to the platform before trying the bells and whistles.
I haven't done my game online yet, but I don't really care about dice roller bots. I trust my players and never check their die rolls anyway.

I'll probably try Roll20 though because I do like using a grids.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
1584639721312.png

Lem23

Adventurer
I've recently been using rpgcrossing for PBP games (rather than VTT or Discord games), and like the atmosphere and forum mechanics there. It's a different pace, but I'm getting just as much enjoyment there as with my FtF game.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I'm genuinely worried.

Official totals in my country: Over 300 suspected cases, over 1 hundred confirmed cases, first fatal victim who was never on the official cases list, not even in the suspected ones. It gets better, this one was a third generation case at the very least. Oh but the health ministry still insists all cases are first or second generation (iow someone who came infected from abroad or in direct contact with one of them).

While all this happens, the leader of our country insists on not taking any preventive action: refuses desinfectant gel, won't ever wear a facemask and continues staging massive events and kissing babies across the country. It is ok if he personally doesn't care, but now many people are emboldened by his example and are taking zero meassures to reduce contagions. Some even believe it is an invention or conspiracy.

Also turns out that the national respiratory diseases institute -the most important hospital in this kind of disease and where all of the worst patients are meant to be transfered to- is unprepared for this task and is out of key supplies.

Speaking of low supplies, since testing remains expensive, about $560 per person, they are refusing to test anybody under 60. (I guess it is also a way of keeping official numbers low)

I really fear for me and my family. With all of this combination of imprudence, lack of resources and the health authorities stuck with their head in the sand .

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm genuinely worried.

Official totals in my country: Over 300 suspected cases, over 1 hundred confirmed cases, first fatal victim who was never on the official cases list, not even in the suspected ones. It gets better, this one was a third generation case at the very least. Oh but the health ministry still insists all cases are first or second generation (iow someone who came infected from abroad or in direct contact with one of them).

While all this happens, the leader of our country insists on not taking any preventive action: refuses desinfectant gel, won't ever wear a facemask and continues staging massive events and kissing babies across the country. It is ok if he personally doesn't care, but now many people are emboldened by his example and are taking zero meassures to reduce contagions. Some even believe it is an invention or conspiracy.

Also turns out that the national respiratory diseases institute -the most important hospital in this kind of disease and where all of the worst patients are meant to be transfered to- is unprepared for this task and is out of key supplies.

Speaking of low supplies, since testing remains expensive, about $560 per person, they are refusing to test anybody under 60. (I guess it is also a way of keeping official numbers low)

I really fear for me and my family. With all of this combination of imprudence, lack of resources and the health authorities stuck with their head in the sand .

Mexico or Brazil? Or somewhere else?

seebs

Adventurer
Regardless of the pattern, epidemiologists have been saying that long term this virus will be another childhood disease like chickenpox. This is why the WHO finally called it a pandemic - it's here to stay.

I haven't seen that one from any epidemiologists. I've seen that reported as one possible outcome, but given how much more lethal it is than the flu, and that immunity to it wears off a lot faster than chickenpox (probably), I'm guessing there will be a lot of work on getting rid of it.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I think that Discord has dice rolling scripts.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I'm genuinely worried.

I hope you and your loved ones stay safe. I also hope that your country, mine, and many others start really taking it seriously.

Remove ads