• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
But not ANYWHERE close to the lockdowns in the West, Hence the African conundrum per the Western medicaland science community.
The lockdowns were not as strict because people complied voluntarily. See above chart.

Also:
Several West African states - which battled the world's worst ever outbreak of Ebola from 2013-16 - had also mastered the public health measures that have been used to prevent Covid-19, including isolating the infected, tracing their contacts and then getting them quarantined while they get tested.
While Americans (and others) were actively resisting contact tracing/quarantine efforts, Africans were actually helping public officials get ahead of the infection’s progress.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No, I read a WHO study.

Yes. From the World Health Organization, the link I provided above, dated one week ago:

“Against the odds, including huge inequities in access to vaccination, we’ve weathered the COVID-19 storm with resilience and determination, informed by Africa’s long history and experience with controlling outbreaks. But COVID-19 has cost us dearly, with more than 242 000 lives lost and tremendous damage to our economies.”

According to the World Bank, the COVID-19 pandemic is estimated to have pushed up to 40 million people into extreme poverty on the continent, and every month of delay in lifting containment measures is estimated to cost Africa US$ 13.8 billion in lost gross domestic product.

This rather questions the idea that their lockdowns were not long-lasting, as this is a current article, and they talk about delay in lifting them in terms of months - in other words, these practices are still in use.

éxypnos

Explorer
How about you go and call your immunologist friend, and get a source, and a link that we can read, and then we can talk about it.
I read a paper version in his office. (well parts of it and the exec summary as it was over 200 pages long.) Its a report sent to the companies working on vaccines. YUa know, most stuff is NOT on the interweb tubes. Something to remember. ;)

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I read a paper version in his office. (well parts of it and the exec summary as it was over 200 pages long.) Its a report sent to the companies working on vaccines. YUa know, most stuff is NOT on the interweb tubes. Something to remember. ;)
Aww. I'd have hoped a poster calling itself "éxypnos" would come up with a better excuse than that. Disappointing. ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Even if it isn’t available online, you could claim the proof is in “Name of Journal, Issue N, Date, by Researchers X, Y, & Z”. Some of us have access to such things. (Raises hand- Dad’s an immunologist.) Or which company. Or the contact info for your source and who might be able to talk about it.

Because regardless of what is or isn’t available on the internet, “secret proof“ of one’s position is of equal value to supporting your position as “no proof at all.”

Until then?
1645141534195.gif

1645141506064.gif

Last edited:

GreyLord

Legend
Woke up with Symptoms this morning.

Vaxxed and boosted.

Trying to figure out where or how I got it as I haven't gone out much recently. I could only figure it was my shopping trip either on Monday or last week Thursday, or I got it via one of the packages I got in the mail.

Symptoms have disappeared right now, so that's a good sign. Means that even if I get Covid, the vaccines work and is not even half as bad as it could be.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads