• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Ryujin

Legend
Yeah, that post-covid stuff is no joke. Update on my mother, who had a cough back in January but refused to go to the doctor:
Of course it was covid, despite what her home tests said. She ended up in ER, spent 10 days in hospital with covid pneumonia in one lung. She got off the supplemental oxygen a few weeks ago. All told, it was around four months or so of dragging a little breathing machine around the house, or pulling a tank on those rare occasions she needed to go out.
She's doing fine now.
But despite all that pain, worry, and hassle, both my parents still won't get vaxxed. 🤬
Given that much of my lungs are scar tissue, due to having pneumonia 5 times as a kid (I thought it was only twice, until recently corrected), I'm terrified of possibly having to deal with that sort of thing. As a result I'm triple vaxxed (two different vaccines) and still wear a mask everywhere that I go. Doesn't help that I'm type 2 diabetic, I suppose, either.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I was asking because whenever someone in my family has been prescribed steroids, it has always been on a declining dosage towards the end.

There's a standardized pack for one variety of that that's very recognizable I've seen several times in the U.S. (had it once myself, though I don't remember what for).

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Well it finally caught up to me.

We started moving into our new house today. I woke up feeling as if I had a mild cold, but thought I'd just caught a cold from my baby son (who's has the sniffles but negative Covid tests for the last week).

I finally took a rapid test after feeling tired in the afternoon and it's a very strong positive. Both my wife and baby got negative tests. They're going in for PCR tests tomorrow.

Luckily, we have been staying in an Airbnb while the house got ready, and we have it until the 14th of August. So I'm isolating at the Airbnb and my wife and baby are in the new house.

We just moved from San Francisco to Atlanta, and though we still wear masks at indoor venues or crowds, most people out here don't. My school year starts on August 1st, hopefully I will be ready to teach by then!!!

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Started with sore throat for me skipped most of the cold symptoms.

Had a decent go at depleting the reservoir still doing that.
My go-round in Jan was COVID plus strep throat plus some other stuff that I was in no condition to remember.

Doctor put me on antibiotics which helped me perk up but the nasty strep taste did not break until I gargled with Listerine. (Not the Original Flavor - I was improving enough to recognize choking would be a bad thing !)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Doctor put me on antibiotics which helped me perk up but the nasty strep taste did not break until I gargled with Listerine. (Not the Original Flavor - I was improving enough to recognize choking would be a bad thing !)
I’ve been a fan of “Cool Mint” since it came out.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Too right. My wife has been disabled with long COVID for 18 months now. She wasn‘t even hospitalized when she had COVID back in 2021.

Yeah, I've heard of cases like that where relatively moderate cases get somewhat better--and then stop. So effectively, they just never go away.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads