D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Alas, humans in general are amazingly bad at risk assessment beyond what we can physically see.

Tourists die here every year.

Swimming in rough surf when you are used to a paddle pool.

Walking up to a glacier directly under it and ice falls.

Guided tour of an active volcanoes crater.

Digging a massive home at the beach and have it collapse on you.

Blind drunk falling into the harbor in sub zero temperatures.

Going swimming into a rip tide.

Climbing of rocks at surf beach and getting swept into the ocean.

Climbing Mount Cook in dubious conditions.

Driving on the wrong side of the road.

HarbingerX

Rob Of The North
Tourists die here every year.

Swimming in rough surf when you are used to a paddle pool.

Walking up to a glacier directly under it and ice falls.

Guided tour of an active volcanoes crater.

Digging a massive home at the beach and have it collapse on you.

Blind drunk falling into the harbor in sub zero temperatures.

Going swimming into a rip tide.

Climbing of rocks at surf beach and getting swept into the ocean.

Climbing Mount Cook in dubious conditions.

Driving on the wrong side of the road.

Nature is Metal.

Stormonu

Legend
My mom just got out of the hospital after having seizures. My dad isn't in the best health either. They're 77. Normally, my parents have medicare-paid aides come in to help with chores and whatnot so my dad isn't overwhelmed trying to keep up and caring for my mom. That aid has been suspended for at least two weeks now - so if he has to leave the house, there is no one to watch my mom. They live in a backwoods area, where there is no delivery, even for restaurant food. I work at a medical clinic that's seen several cases this week, and I fear it's only a matter of time before I catch this, so I'm trying to limit my contact with them.

I don't know what to do; D&D is the farthest thing from my mind right now.

No he is talking about college students on spring break. People old enough to vote. If we cannot expect sober judgement from them, then they shouldn't be voting.
Reelo specifically mentioned his wife’s younger son, and two teenagers who go out to the public places. No mention of spring break.
Also, I think history has shown that a lot of people don’t exercise sober judgment when voting, I’m still inclined to cut more slack to 18-year olds than 65-year olds.

Galendril

Explorer
My mom just got out of the hospital after having seizures. My dad isn't in the best health either. They're 77. Normally, my parents have medicare-paid aides come in to help with chores and whatnot so my dad isn't overwhelmed trying to keep up and caring for my mom. That aid has been suspended for at least two weeks now - so if he has to leave the house, there is no one to watch my mom. They live in a backwoods area, where there is no delivery, even for restaurant food. I work at a medical clinic that's seen several cases this week, and I fear it's only a matter of time before I catch this, so I'm trying to limit my contact with them.

I don't know what to do; D&D is the farthest thing from my mind right now.

Thank you for your service to your community and the world as a whole!

Remove ads