D&D and the rising pandemic

Coroc

Hero
.... The voting population as a whole should demonstrate sufficient maturity and sober judgment to outweigh an 18-year old who writes in “Your *nus” on their ballot ...

Lol
Well but sometimes said youngster might prove more sober judgement than most with applying this statement to the ballot dont you think so?

:p

Zardnaar

Legend
Lol
Well but sometimes said youngster might prove more sober judgement than most with applying this statement to the ballot dont you think so?

:p

The young generally don't vote anyway at least in numbers.

I did when I turned 18. It was also the age when I discovered bubbles where the home town candidate does great locally and the crashes and burns everywhere else.

Generation X had Nirvana and an F you attitude. I don't think the attitude has improved (or the music).

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
One of old friends started a Facebook group for my old high school D&D group to get together and schedule a D&D game on Roll20 during the quarrantine. Should be a blast.

Zardnaar

Legend
So curious - can we estimate cases in an area due to hospitilizations in the area?

Probably not.

I'm running my own personal calculations based on response vs countries healthcare system. Basically using Italy as a baseline of bad and Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore as good.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Probably not.

I'm running my own personal calculations based on response vs countries healthcare system. Basically using Italy as a baseline of bad and Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore as good.

I've been doing my personal U.S. calcs for how fast it's growing in U.S.

Cases are quadrupling here every 5 days (maybe a little quicker) since Mar 1. Not sure how much is actual spread and how much of it is increased testing. Probably a combination of both.

HarbingerX

Rob Of The North
There's not really enough good data yet to be able to figure out how many undiagnosed cases there are. You'd have to have a region where it has completely run it's course.

Here in Canada we knew we were in trouble when traveler returned from Las Vegas and tested positive, yet at the time Nevada had no reported cases. Statistically you have to have a lot of cases before you start exporting.

For doubling rates, this is probably your best site: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – Statistics and Research

US is currently at x2.2 every 2 days, but part of that is testing backlog reports. It was about every 4 days before. So it fluctuates a lot day to day.

HarbingerX

Rob Of The North
The big thing is how many acute care beds are available. I think the US is somewhere around 65000. So how many cases do you have to have before that capacity is filled? For some reason, the reported 'acute case' rate is not being reported for the US - it's been at 64 for well over a week now. This means it's impossible to tell close to capacity the system is yet.

Sadras

Legend
People are doing the social isolation thing, and tracking of infected people's movement.

They shut a school and tested all contacts.

That seems like the best way to do it, but here in South Africa there is a laissez-faire attitude. They are not hunting for the infected which means Italy and Spain will very much be a reality here particularly if one of the townships or African homelands become infected given the number living with TB and HIV.

Perhaps the only saving grace might be the warmer climate - but this virus seems to survive in every condition.

HarbingerX

Rob Of The North
That seems like the best way to do it, but here in South Africa there is a laissez-faire attitude. They are not hunting for the infected which means Italy and Spain will very much be a reality here particularly if one of the townships or African homelands become infected given the number living with TB and HIV.

Perhaps the only saving grace might be the warmer climate - but this virus seems to survive in every condition.

I fear for much of sub-saharan Africa. So far this virus has shown itself to be very good at transmission.

Remove ads