D&D Movie/TV D&D, Honor Among Thieves, Certified Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes

Birmy

Adventurer
My cautious optimism dating back to the teaser trailer continues to tick upward. It certainly sounds like something I will like. I was at Gary Con this past weekend and they were bussing people out to a theatre in Lake Geneva for free preview screenings on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but I was booked for games at all of the showtimes. I'll have to see it with the rest of the civilians starting Friday.

I don't know how well it will do financially--between Mario and John Wick, they might be screwed--but it seems like "The D&D movie is pretty good" will finally be something we can say unironically.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My cautious optimism dating back to the teaser trailer continues to tick upward. It certainly sounds like something I will like. I was at Gary Con this past weekend and they were bussing people out to a theatre in Lake Geneva for free preview screenings on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but I was booked for games at all of the showtimes. I'll have to see it with the rest of the civilians starting Friday.

I don't know how well it will do financially--between Mario and John Wick, they might be screwed--but it seems like "The D&D movie is pretty good" will finally be something we can say unironically.
Seems to me that it is pretty good counter programming: John Wick is aiming at an older audience on average, and Mario at a younger one.

Marc Radle

Legend
I know the John Wick franchise is very popular, but is the Mario movie getting any buzz? The last time I heard anything about it was a month or two ago and it was being derided pretty heavily …

Is it actually supposed to have a decent opening this weekend now?

Remove ads