D&D 5E D&D Live: Kate Welch returns with Jack Black, Reggie Watts and others!

During WotC's 'D&D Live' events in mid-July this year, there will be a live game called The Lost Odyssey: Last Light, featuring a dragons, krakens, and giant sea queens. WotC's Kate Welch will be the DM and celebrity guests Jack Black, Reggie Watts, Lauren Lapkus, Kevin Smith, and Jason Mewes will be the players -- plus one other guest they have not yet announced.

During WotC's 'D&D Live' events in mid-July this year, there will be a live game called The Lost Odyssey: Last Light, featuring a dragons, krakens, and giant sea queens. WotC's Kate Welch will be the DM and celebrity guests Jack Black, Reggie Watts, Lauren Lapkus, Kevin Smith, and Jason Mewes will be the players -- plus one other guest they have not yet announced.

thumbnail_image001.jpg

darjr

I crit!
Cool. I was just confused for a moment since the article said "WotC's Kate Welch" — I thought maybe she had rejoined the company.
Once a WotC always a WotC? I suppose she might be back but I think we would have heard. She runs a great game and has run star studded games before and been a part of the C team, a high profile stream, as a player. She’s an inspired choice and I’m glad they have her running .

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Referencing the crap webcams seen in the 2020 live game
They didn't get the performers into a studio. Just called them up on Zoom

Same thing will happen now. The quality is reliant on Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith and Jack Black having HD webcams, streaming quality mikes, and fast internet
During 2020, not getting together in a place like studio was the major thing going on. I think they can be cut some slack for distancing during a pandemic.

That sounds horrid
Welch is fine. Tried to watch celebrities play in one of the 2020 streams and it was abysmal. Poor web camera, bad mikes and weak characters
They're famous but you're still watching a bunch of awkward newbs play. Might as well set up cameras at the local game sto

During 2020, not getting together in a place like studio was the major thing going on. I think they can be cut some slack for distancing during a pandemic.
David Harbour's warlock with the many names was one of the high points of the Icewind Dale streams, I thought. I liked that they ran different streams with different celebrities - like wrestlers, and one with people from superhero movies (I LOVED the concept of Karen Gillan's character as someone who hunts dragons to put them INTO dungeons...)

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Just sayin they could tap more streamers and peeps with actual webcams an mike setups
Go for quality rather than assume we'll watch just cause some movie stars and a washed up director are playing

Is this a DnD game or Hollywood Squares?

When you are doing these live with so many people on stream at once, there is going to be quality problems.

Remove ads

Remove ads