D&D General D&D Luminary Jim 'Drawmij' Ward Passes

Legendary TSR alumni passes away at age 72.

6990003.jpg.png

James M. Ward, writer of Metamorphosis Alpha, co-writer of Deities & Demigods, author of Greyhawk Adventures, and veteran of TSR, has passed away at the age of 72.

Ward was one of the first players in Gary Gygax's early Dungeon & Dragons games in the 1970s--the wizard Drawmij is 'Jim Ward' spelt backwards--and worked for TSR until the mid-1990s. He co-founded Fast Forward Entertainment in the early 2000s. Ward also worked with Troll Lord Games for several supplements.

Jim wrote a column right here at EN World, dealing into various aspects of D&D's genesis and development, and the early days of TSR in the 1970s and 1980s. Amongst the many things he shared with us is a wonderful article where he introduced himself (as if he needed to!) to EN World. I can't think of a better person to summarise Jim's career than the man himself.

Our thoughts are with his friends and family.

432853584_10161929948918296_1042404990675859307_n.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
1.jpg
Gamma_World_Book.jpg

Long ago, I got Jim Ward to write down his April 4th story (the story he'd tell to the designers and editors on the anniversary of being let go from TSR on April 4, 1984) so that I could post it on my blog. Finally posted it today. Jim Ward’s Story: April 4, a Day That Will Live In Infamy
Interesting read, glad you shared it. A good reminder of just what a mess TSR was as a business at various points in its history, not just near the end.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads