D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Hit or Flop?

mamba

Legend
Generally I go with expenses X2 at the box office. Cost of production plus marketing then double it. This is because of the way the box office returns work.

If a movie falls under this number by a bit it's a Flop if it more than double its probably mad money.
actually, that is the break even…

nevin

Hero
I think the player demand for a good movie coupled with good marketing will explode the initial viewership. If the move is good It' going to be huge. this movie has better funding, seasoned directors and fantasy has become mainstream. The only thing that can sink it is a really bad script.

I mean, I don't think it will be a flop by any means, but I can't help but think the marketing budget must be through the roof. Their Led Zeppelin budget alone must be astronomical. So the break even ends up being pretty damned high.

mamba

Legend
Roughly yes but even that's not absolute based on when/where the movie makes to box office. It's a rough estimate only bit if it makes much less than that it probably lost money.
yes, roughly, but saying if it makes more than that it is raking in the big bucks ("if it more than double its probably mad money") is simply wrong ;)

Last edited:

Swedish Chef

Adventurer
The trailers don't make me want to see it. If anything, watching that one sequence with Chris Pine prancing while playing the lute seemed to be too much "break the fourth wall" type of humor for me. I would like for it to be good and to make me regret my initial reaction, but my reaction was and still remains a solid "meh".

Remove ads