D&D 5E D&D Mythic Odysseys of Theros Previews!

Mythic Odysseys of Theros may have been delayed until the end of July for most of us, but Fantasy Grounds has revealed some (undoubtedly specially approved) previews for us to look at in the meantime!

Mythic Odysseys of Theros may have been delayed until the end of July for most of us, but Fantasy Grounds has revealed some (undoubtedly specially approved) previews for us to look at in the meantime!

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.14.05 AM.png

Why did they not use the original Greek deities? Because they want to claim IPR on these? I don't think they are easily going to make money from them.
I imagine they wanted to do something with the constellations and the gods. And it was easier to make all new gods than try to square-peg/round-hole the existing gods.

Why to use new characters?

If you use public domain characters others can also use them. It's like when Disney produced a new movie based in some classic tale and other studios also sold their own mockbuster.

And totally creative freedom to alter the metaplot, you don't worry about the coherence or orthodoxy, and fandom complaining about things like "the original Thor wasn't blonde but red-haired, and Loki wasn't Thor's brother". If you want you are totally free to kill your new characters.

And they wanted to use gods linked with the mana colors.

* Hmmm, how would be a D&D fantasy version of Cobra, the G.I.Joe's archenemies?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads