D&D 5E D&D New Edition Design Looks Soon?

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

WotC’s Ray Winninger has hinted on Twitter that we may be seeing something of the 2024 next edition of D&D soon — “you’ll get a first look at some of the new design work soon.”.

DF9A3109-D723-4DBC-9633-79A5894C83FF.jpeg

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I think that there should be generic pet rules (like anyone can have a hunting dog or hawk and use a bonus action to direct them) but that most (I wont say all but I wouldn't complain) classes should have pet subclasses that allow for those things to level up and be more useful.
The only class that I can't figure out a quick pet concept for is Sorcerer

Hasbro would dare to desgined a new class based in a summoner+pokemon trainer+digimon tamer, but it would need a lot of playtesting and feedback. My suggestion is to use some ideas from the vestige binder class (3.5 Tome of Magic) and the totemist shaman (Magic of Incarnum). You summon your monster ally using the game mechanic of the vestiges summoning, and customitazing powers as the incarnum soulmelds.

A pet class − summoning powerful pets. I think this is what the "Sorcerer" should be.

Need to fly? Summon an air elemental to carry you.

And so on.
I liked the playtest sorcerer personally. Will point half caster which gradually changed into their bloodline source as they spend their willpower over the day.

Yaarel

He Mage
I liked the playtest sorcerer personally. Will point half caster which gradually changed into their bloodline source as they spend their willpower over the day.
Heh, I am influenced by anthropology where "sorcery" is a term for controlling various kinds of spirits − mainly demons, but also things like elementals.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It will be interesting to see what they do with monks. Although I'm enjoying my monk in my current game, recharging everything on a short rest is a bit much especially with the optional rules turned on.
How short rests you getting?

Tbh I think to normalize the user experience, they’d need to just change the short rest to a few minutes, or even just “a quick breather” like 4e, and limit how many you can take per day.

I don’t think Marvel lacks direction at all. People are expecting all the movies to tie together like they did before and culminate in an Avengers movie. They aren’t and Feige said they wouldn’t when Endgame came out. But they do tie together in the exact same way and are building to something. It’s very obvious and just like before some stand alone. Not every Marvel movie tied into the bigger plot. The difference is we have a lot more content with the TV series also being in play and we have four threads weaving. We have some sort of Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts team building with Yelena, USAgent and Sharon plus Elaine from Seinfeld, we have Kang coming from the end of Loki and Ant-man, we have the incursion threat seen in Shang Chi, Dr. Strange and the upcoming Wong series and we have the X-Men. I have a feeling the first big build though is going to be Galactus as pay off for the Celestials in Eternals with Fantastic Four coming soon and all of this will lead into Secret Wars after an Illuminati film as the next “Avengers” set up. They’ll bring it together to have Kang blow it apart.

Feige lost his vision and magic touch and the Disney Empire is falling apart. People LIKED that it all tired together into a metaplot previously.

New leadership is needed.

Oofta

Legend
How short rests you getting?

Tbh I think to normalize the user experience, they’d need to just change the short rest to a few minutes, or even just “a quick breather” like 4e, and limit how many you can take per day.
We tend to get short rests every couple of fights. Then the DM cranks up the difficulty because we're annihilating his monsters. Doesn't help that we have an elvish rogue with super advantage that gets it pretty much every round, and my monk is using a warhammer for most attacks.

It's a fun PC, but I definitely see a big gap between me, and say, the wizard.

Remove ads

Remove ads