D&D 5E D&D Next Art Column: July!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Great looking book indeed. I really like the circle/focal point with the most readily recognizable elements of the original covers.

Given the reprints, and certain people's preferences for them, I might suggest...if there's a page to spare (always a challenge, I know) perhaps printing the entirety of the original and revised 1e covers...hells, even add in the 2e, 3e, 4e (perhaps even the Basics) covers to kinda tie the whole legacy together...give a "timeline" kinda thing.

Just a thought and I won't care if it's not done, I'mma gettin' these reprints anyway.

Good luck with the "guts". That sounds like quite the challenge...even moreso than the covers.

--SD

Stormonu

Legend
The interiors look great, but I'm not enthused about the covers. I've got my old books and their in great shape, so sadly I will be passing on these.

You see, we were going to break the rules. We were going to reprint products from another edition!
This statement makes me sad. What's so bad about reprinting old D&D stuff? This makes me think we'll never see something like the return of the prior edition PDF material.

Libramarian

Adventurer
It irks me that they just had to hide the scantily clad blonde woman that the efreet is holding on the DMG cover. That's rather prudish.

Remove ads