D&D Movie/TV D&D TV Show By John Wick Creator

From Hollywood Reporter — “Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.” https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dungeons-dragons-series-in-the-works-with-john-wick-writer-exclusive The article doesn’t say anything more, unfortunately, other than...

From Hollywood Reporter — “Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.”

25854BA4-2A31-4986-8951-52D4595812F0.jpeg

The article doesn’t say anything more, unfortunately, other than describing what D&D is — “Affectionately referred to by fans as D&D, the game is known for its wars, treasure hunts, campaigns, camaraderie, and reversals of fortune, all in a setting that combines humans, elves, orcs and hundreds of other creatures. The game famously uses multisided dice in gameplay to further the imaginary story and is overseen by a host known as the Dungeon Master.”

When i read 'invited to pen and develop a pitch,' it sounds kinda like 'we own the rights to this property and we've got no damn idea how to actually turn it into a thing you can see on screen, let's ask yet another writer if he has any ideas'.

To be honest this sounds like a sign that the whole project is stuck in development hell more than anything else.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
When i read 'invited to pen and develop a pitch,' it sounds kinda like 'we own the rights to this property and we've got no damn idea how to actually turn it into a thing you can see on screen, let's ask yet another writer if he has any ideas'.

To be honest this sounds like a sign that the whole project is stuck in development hell more than anything else.
There was no project. No TV show was on the plate before. There was nothing being developed for it to be stuck in hell or anything else. I think you might be confusing this with the movie.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads