D&D Movie/TV D&D TV Show By John Wick Creator

From Hollywood Reporter — “Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.” https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dungeons-dragons-series-in-the-works-with-john-wick-writer-exclusive The article doesn’t say anything more, unfortunately, other than...

From Hollywood Reporter — “Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.”

25854BA4-2A31-4986-8951-52D4595812F0.jpeg

The article doesn’t say anything more, unfortunately, other than describing what D&D is — “Affectionately referred to by fans as D&D, the game is known for its wars, treasure hunts, campaigns, camaraderie, and reversals of fortune, all in a setting that combines humans, elves, orcs and hundreds of other creatures. The game famously uses multisided dice in gameplay to further the imaginary story and is overseen by a host known as the Dungeon Master.”

Chaosmancer

Legend
You know, thinking more on it. If I have to chose to have the effects budget go into the actors or go into the magic... I think I would pick the Magic.

One of the most disappointing things I've ever seen is a show where people are supposed to be throwing around big, powerful, effects and the representation is... weak, thin, just some sparkles or a flash of light.

It is why I firmly and truly believe that fantasy is best done in an animated art style. It is just so hard to get the proper effects from a live action show.

Dire Bare

Legend
I know, but that doesn't matter.

There are millions of scripts floating around Hollywood. Many of them no one wants or will ever touch. And even most of the ones that someone, at some point, expressed some interest in will never have anything happen with them. Hell, TV networks go to the trouble of casting and shooting whole pilots that will never be seen, much less turn into a TV series.

Joe could have Dragonlance scripts serving as every item of furniture in his house and it wouldn't make a Dragonlance movie any more or less likely to occur.
I'm not exactly sure what we're arguing about . . .

There's a script. Joe's been working with WotC on various Dragonlance related projects. As with any project, especially in Hollywood, there isn't a movie until there's a movie. Yes . . . I'm confused about your pushback.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads