D&DExp Character Sheets!

pukunui

Legend
mach1.9pants said:
The eladrin also has 2 feats, the ranger:
Defensive Mobility
Lethal Hunter, maybe this is a Ranger bonus feat? Odd that it is not a class feature or a power....
Oh yeah. Didn't see that.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the halfling feat (Lost in the Crowd). Seems too circumstantial. I thought they were doing away with most of the "little things you have to track", but I'm seeing plenty of those things on the character sheets. Oh well ...

MaelStorm

First Post
Alignment is pretty much dead as I thought. Good riddance. I think its going to be very rare to see Good or Evil character. Maybe cleric, paladin, and warlock might still want to use it.

Sitara

Explorer
Oh that was just hype to make you think there are more improvements than before. They need to save stuff for 5e you know, when they will REALLY clean up the system andmake it insanely fast to play. :)

Sitara said:
Oh that was just hype to make you think there are more improvements than before. They need to save stuff for 5e you know, when they will REALLY clean up the system andmake it insanely fast to play. :)
Yeah, in 5E the DM and the players roll a d20. If the DM is highest he wins, if one of the players is highest the PCs win. w00t- no that is fast combat......:p
Sitara you really don't think much of WotC, do you? ;)

Jinete

Explorer
ShinRyuuBR said:
Warhammer +6 vs AC; 1d10+3; Versatile (+1 damage when 2 handed)

Does this mean that you don't do more damage when wielding a weapon in two hands, unless it's "Versatile"? That would be kind of strange...

Jinete said:
Does this mean that you don't do more damage when wielding a weapon in two hands, unless it's "Versatile"? That would be kind of strange...
I dunno, it would just be 'strange' 'cos it is what we are used to in 3E. However I would have to take the word of a weapony martial artist on the board whether using a weapon in 2 hands really would make a big damage difference....although it seems logical.
I know from history that when plate armour became common in Europe 2 handed became the norm (bastard swords and hammers and stuff); but that was to get through the armour. Before that sword (or whatever) and board was the norm.

Jinete

Explorer
mach1.9pants said:
I dunno, it would just be 'strange' 'cos it is what we are used to in 3E. However I would have to take the word of a weapony martial artist on the board whether using a weapon in 2 hands really would make a big damage difference....although it seems logical.
I know from history that when plate armour became common in Europe 2 handed became the norm (bastard swords and hammers and stuff); but that was to get through the armour. Before that sword (or whatever) and board was the norm.

If strength doesn't scale as much with magic items/buffs as it does in 3e, I guess it's not that big a deal. But if the only benefit of wielding a weapon two handed is +1 to damage, I can't see why anyone should choose 2H fighting over sword and board.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Jinete said:
If strength doesn't scale as much with magic items/buffs as it does in 3e, I guess it's not that big a deal. But if the only benefit of wielding a weapon two handed is +1 to damage, I can't see why anyone should choose 2H fighting over sword and board.

2H weapons are going to be d10 or d12, and the extra +1 damage too, I suspect. So you are getting a bit more than a 1H weapon, likely some moves for the right character, but not silly stuff like 2xStr and 2xPower Attack and 3e madness.

Nytmare

David Jose
pukunui said:
To be honest, I'm not sure I like the halfling feat (Lost in the Crowd). Seems too circumstantial. I thought they were doing away with most of the "little things you have to track", but I'm seeing plenty of those things on the character sheets. Oh well ...

It's meant to encourage the halfling to move around and put himself into positions to get this reward. It's not something a player needs to track if they're always trying to be under the bad guys feet.

Wasn't there some hint about a rogue ability that made your opponent hit an adjacent enemy instead of you?

Ulthwithian

First Post
Um, I hate to do this... AGAIN... but where are the other character sheets? I've looked in every blog and forum that I know of connected with DDXP, and I cannot find them. Thanks in advance.

*feeling bad*

Remove ads