D&D 5E D&D's official twitter feed is giving previews of art and contents from Monsters of the Multiverse

So far Blue Abashi, Demigorgon, Deurgar, Star Spawn, for monsters.

For playable races Eladarin and Centaurs. Last time I checked Eladarin was a subrace and playable Centaurs so far in 5e have only been in MtG setting books, Ravnica and Theros. This will be the first time Centaurs will published for the regular D&D multiverse. This could mean fresh lore.

Commence Speculation!

I imagine eladrin as elves+planetaouched, elves with an eladrin(outsider) ancestor.

Sorry, but when I listen about D&D centaurs I can't avoid to try imagine a D&D centaur (mash-up) version of "My Little Pony". And their arms are too short to scratch their hips.

1641027243611.jpeg

large.png

png-clipart-cat-horse-guinea-pig-pet-centaur-aurora-burealis-horse-legendary-creature.png

C32375F8-4F79-49E0-90E0-A09D243D50A7-e1529970438660.jpeg

Last edited:

Explaining why the playable Centaurs are Fey and not the other ones might need new lore.
It doesn't say they are. The lineage version may not be the same as the race. Alternatively, the monster manual version could change creature type from monstrosity to fey. No need to change any of the lore, which doesn't say they are not fey.

MotM is a setting-neutral book. Anything setting-specific doesn't go here.

pukunui

Legend
Am I the only one who thinks the Star Spawn looks a bit like Jeremy Crawford? I wonder if the artist did that deliberately.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases