D20 Apocalypse Designers - Q&A Here

Cutter XXIII said:
Yeah, I don't have the book with me either, but I just read that bit the day before yesterday. I'm willing to bet it's all the same.

Now why they'd put that in d20 Cyberspace, I dunno. It's either a mistake in web content or an error in judgement.

No mutations were in the original manuscript for d20 Cyberscape. Obviously I can't say what happened in development, but I doubt it included another mutation list. (And if it was, there will be a clear reason for it.) My guess is this is a simple web error.

Owen K.C. Stephens
d20 Triggerman
http://www.livejournal.com/~owen_stephens/

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
It was just a web goof. Looks like WotC just corrected it now. Of course, ENWorld still links to it as a D20 Cyberscape on the main page.

:D

Whew, all is right with the world again :lol:

gribble

Explorer
OStephens said:
They were cut during development and editing. I presume either the developers felt my rules weren't up to snuff, or they had changed the mutation entry to the point the anmial section couldn't be used, or there was a space issue.

I bet you could just use Savage Species to make a baeline intelligent animal, and then use mutation rules from there.

Thats a shame - I was hoping d20A would have rules for mutant animals - in fact, it was probably the #1 thing I was looking for.

Are you able to give us a summary of what your mutant animal rules were?

gribble said:
Are you able to give us a summary of what your mutant animal rules were?

Sadly, not really. First, that material (which wasn't extensive) is owned by Wizards, and they might still want to do somethign with it. Secondly, it depended on some other material which was cut or changed, so even if I did it wouldn't make sense.

Really, there just wasn't room for it. It's the sort of thing I think would make a great 3rd company pdf product, though.

Owen K.C. Stephens
d20 Triggerman
http://www.livejournal.com/~owen_stephens/

gribble

Explorer
teitan said:
Use the Moreau rules...

Jason

Regrettably, they're a little limited for my intended use - there are only 6 of them after all. I'll admit I *could* create more, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that.

I do like someone's earlier suggestion to create a template that could be added to any animal though...

gribble

Explorer
OStephens said:
Sadly, not really. First, that material (which wasn't extensive) is owned by Wizards, and they might still want to do somethign with it. Secondly, it depended on some other material which was cut or changed, so even if I did it wouldn't make sense.

Really, there just wasn't room for it. It's the sort of thing I think would make a great 3rd company pdf product, though.

Understood - thanks anyway.

Actually - how about a web enhancement? I'd love it if WotC would do that. Are the mutant animal rules (and the other rules they depend on) of the right size for a web enhancement? If so, are you able to suggest this to Wizards? I'd be eternally grateful.
:)

spidertrag

First Post
gribble said:
Regrettably, they're a little limited for my intended use - there are only 6 of them after all. I'll admit I *could* create more, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that.

I do like someone's earlier suggestion to create a template that could be added to any animal though...

look what DND chick did that may help :)

qstor

Adventurer
As an aside note, I was flipping through Sandstorm this morning and thought the heat rules and some of the creatures in the book would fit real well in a D20 Apocalypse game. I don't remember if there were rules for blindness in the desert in Sandstorm but those would be good to add in too.

The dire turtle, giant banded lizard and the tumble weed plant creature just *scream* to be added to a game IMO. Those kinda reminded me of mutants from GW.

Mike

Remove ads