[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

jdeleski

First Post
Shaman,

Google is a wonderful thing! I had a hunch that those names were more than mere candy; the difficult thing was finding an article that was in English! ;) I loved the hunt!

I'm encouraged with our early responses. Once we get 4 players and all character sheets approved, I'll kick off the first chapter.

Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
Originally posted by Morpheus
I will post it soon. One question-Are we using the Defense Variant on pg. 15?

Good question. Yes, we will play with both the offense and defense variant options on page 15.

Job (the tortured one).

The Shaman

First Post
My first draft of Paco's character sheet is up in the Rogues Gallery - I haven't purchased equipment yet, and I'm still thinking about his personality traits a bit, so I may do a little tweaking before it's complete.

I've only played d20 CoC a couple of times, so please bear with me as I make mistakes - I'm more familiar with d20 Modern, so I tend to lapse into that system.

jdeleski

First Post
Review of Martin LeBlanc Character Sheet

Martin's sheet looks very good! I found that 2 minor changes might be needed and one question, but I've reviewed it after a long day and could be mistaken. Let me know if I've misinterpreted something.

1. QUESTION: There are 15 skills listed, but only 12 can be core skills (i.e. spending one skill point increases that skill's rank by 1 point). You've only listed 59 ranks of a total possible 70 in all 15 skills, so I assume that 3 are non-core (i.e. spending one skill point increases that skill's rank by 1/2 a point). Please identify on your sheet which skills are non-core.
  2. CHANGE: You've listed 4 languages for your character, but your +2 Int bonus only allows you to have 3 (i.e. 1 base language, +2 languages for your Int bonus).
  3. CHANGE: Your AC should be = 15 (i.e. 10 base, +3 Dex, +2 Defense variant bonus).
THANKS!
Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
Review of Fráncisco “Paco” Andreás Guerini Character Sheet

Shaman,

Fráncisco's character sheet is a great start! I found 3 areas that might need tweaking, but (as I mentioned to Morpheus) I've reviewed it after a long day and could be mistaken. Let me know if I've misinterpreted something.
  1. I calculated a total of 42 ability points (i.e. Str, Con, Wis = 10 each; Dex = 6; Cha = 4, and Int = 2) rather than the expected 41 points (40 at level 1 using the point-buy system +1 point at level 4). If this is correct, please subtract one point from one of your abilities and don't forget to adjust any relevant skills and attack stats.
  2. Because I've agreed to use the Variant: Defense/Offense Bonus on pg 15 of the D20 CoC manual, your character recieves one extra weapon proficiency feat at level 1.
  3. Your skill point ranks = a total of 58 points instead of the 56 that your character is entitled to. I think that the error lies in the fact that your "operate heavy machinery" skill should be a core skill for Fráncisco rather than non-core. You have 2 ranks currently listed for "operate heavy machinery" and this would require 4 skill points to attain a rank of 2 if we apply 1/2 rank per point as a non-core skill. You have no ranks applied to the "ride" skill even though it's highlighted as a core skill, so maybe this should be a non-core skill?
Also, I like the extra details that you've added to your character sheet in the areas of weapon attack and damage and also the full skill listing. These extra details will help me judge the game so I'm planning to update my sample sheet.

Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
jdeleski said:
Martin's sheet looks very good! I found that 2 minor changes might be needed and one question, but I've reviewed it after a long day and could be mistaken. Let me know if I've misinterpreted something.
  1. QUESTION: There are 15 skills listed, but only 12 can be core skills (i.e. spending one skill point increases that skill's rank by 1 point). You've only listed 59 ranks of a total possible 70 in all 15 skills, so I assume that 3 are non-core (i.e. spending one skill point increases that skill's rank by 1/2 a point). Please identify on your sheet which skills are non-core.

1. Done
    2. CHANGE: You've listed 4 languages for your character, but your +2 Int bonus only allows you to have 3 (i.e. 1 base language, +2 languages for your Int bonus).
    Fixed
    3. CHANGE: Your AC should be = 15 (i.e. 10 base, +3 Dex, +2 Defense variant bonus).
THANKS!
Job (the tortured one).
Fixed...I put the PC up before you answered the Defense Bonus question.

jdeleski

First Post
Morpheus, your character is ready! Once we get a couple more characters moving along, I'll give you the signal to begin. Since one of the complaints about this epic campaign is its slow start, I'll probably allow you to begin before all characters are fully approved. That'll help us to pick up momentum early, get past a few initial investigations, and maybe generate some additional interest.

Bobitron, Mr. Starkweather will be in touch later today, once his mousemaster finishes a few RL chores.

--------------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases