• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Paths of Legend: Shadowgate (IC)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
As Howie sees Conner's mop head, he runs his hand through his own crewcut and finds the need for a closer cut.

"hey, uh I saw you at the briefing, right?" he says to conner as they approach each other.

Yttermayn

First Post
Connor looks up from his musings as he wanders toward the barber when Howie addresses him. "Hum. Yes. I'm surprised you even recognize me, sans coiffure." Connor ran his own hand through his recently close-shorn hair. He wanted a shower to get rid of the itchy cut hair still clinging to his skin. "What can I do for you?" he asked politely.

Scott DeWar

"Actually,"pointing to the recently cut hair,"I am looking for the barber. I prefer a close cut before a mission. Easier to clean."

Shayuri

First Post
"Connor..." Nathan frowned, thinking, then tilted his head at Janice slightly in confusion. "From the briefing? The other new guy? Huh! Well, all right then."

He hefts the crystal sliver in his hand, then tips it at her as he backs towards the door. "So...thanks for the info. I'm in engineering so we'll probably...you know, be working together some. Professionally, I mean. So anyway...in that capacity, I'll see you later."

At that point he bumps into the wall right next to the door and winces as the light switch digs painfully into his spine. He struggles to turn the wince into a smile, waves again, and hurries out.

"Smooth, Nate, smooth," he mutters to himself as he hurries, red-faced, to Medical.

Fanatic

First Post
(OoC): apologies of the change in tense, past is easier for me :D

Amy nodded slowly, relating it, somewhat to what she assumed would be, more than likely an arbitrary set of numbers. If this was a game, they would make everything fair, and in real life things never turned out that way. If the information was relevant the climate and society text probably had more insight that the numbers above anyway.

"Ok I think I've got some time to spare, let's check it out, although if we're going to buy anything I'll need a loan - all I've got is Australian." Amy held out a bunch of notes and coins with foreign pictures on them. "I'd like to see if there was any books that might be related to this habitat or more information on these drow."

Prodding her fork into the lunch in front of her Amy grimaced. "Not too hungry, guess it must be the time difference. So let me know when you're ready to go and we can check it out."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
ooc: I'm assuming he's back at the base......

IC:

Max walks the halls of the compound, to those watching it appears he is wondering aimlessly. He whistles a tune he made up on the spot, stopping every so often to look at nothing in particular. He wanted to find the "intelligence" area. Whether or not they would let him..... he'd rather not find out until he got into it and made a little science guy spill his guts.

Scott DeWar

"That was my motivation as well. He's just back the way I came." Connor gestures to the back of him with a thumb.

"hey, thanks. Listen. the team I was with. We uh got to know each other usually over a beer ot two before a mission. what do ya think some of us get to gether before tomorrow's mission for a few brewskies?

Yttermayn

First Post
"hey, thanks. Listen. the team I was with. We uh got to know each other usually over a beer ot two before a mission. what do ya think some of us get to gether before tomorrow's mission for a few brewskies?

"Sounds good. It has been awhile... for me. Makes practical sense too, if we are to rely on each other in some alien world." It was weird. A few days ago, Connor was contemplating a multitude of ways to kill himself, possible for Connor even under the watchful care of the psychiatric hospital staff. Hell, he could have even made it look like an accident, If he'd wanted. Something had always stayed his hand, though. It wasn't survival instinct; somehow he always felt that there was something more in store for him and his wife than simple death. Maybe it was because of that little lump in his skull. Maybe his wife was watching over him. Whatever the reason, he now found himself re-attaching to people again for the first time in a very long time. That fact was both worrisome and exciting.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Going to push forward a bit...

Going Off Base

Danny eagerly guides Amy through the process of purchasing game manuals, getting a couple copies of the 4th Edition Monster Manual, a copy of the 3.5 Monster Manual, a 4th Edition "Forgotten Realms Player's Guide" and a 3rd Edition "Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting." He laments the fact that the store didn't have the 2nd Edition Monster Manual or a copy of a book he called "Drow of the Underdark."

Max is told that Janice with R&D has gone home for the day.

Connor and Howie are able to round up everyone for a night out before the mission.

At "Old Chicago's" Nathan, Amy, Max, Connor, and Howie all sit down together again for the first time since that morning's briefing, Amy still fresh from her trip to "The Game Haven."

OOC: Feel free to RP the evening's talk over beer and appetizers. I'll push the game into the next day when it looks like the conversation has wrapped up.

Remove ads