[D20 Modern] Paths of Legend: Shadowgate (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Nathan gives a start at the flying buffalo wing, then plucks it off his lap and sets it on his napkin. The look he gives it suggests that wing may soon find itself inside a plastic ziplock bag. Then he looks back up at Conner.

"Now that's empiric. When we get back, you need to come down to the labs. I got a sample of that crystal and we've GOT to run some trials..."

Then he gives Amy a slightly condescending smile.

"As for technicians and their obsessions, I wouldn't read too much into it. It's human nature to project onto the unknown elements of the known. These creatures might have some kind of superficial resemblance to something from a game, causing him to jump to a conclusion."

"But believe me, nothing stranger has ever happened than the fictional creations of a few wargamers turning out to be somehow prescient of an alternate reality. And that includes the flying buffalo wing."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*swig* "errrp. I have seen a house fly, a deer fly and a horse fly, and now I have seen a buffulo fly. HA!"

*HIC*

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: OnlyTheStrong, are you still with us?

Max has still not arrived to this little gathering.

OOC: Meanwhile, everyone make a Spot check. Take a -1 penalty for every alcoholic beverage the character has consumed in the past hour. If the character is still nursing the first drink, no penalty.

Shayuri

First Post
Nathan's beer was swiped well before he finished it, leaving him fairly alert as he looks around the table, trying to gauge people's reaction to this remarkable phenomenon they all witnessed.

Spot: 14
Roll Lookup

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Nathan and Amy both spy an older gentleman in a suit one might see on a college professor, watching the group intently. He is alone at his table, with only an untouched glass of water in front of him, the lemon still in place on the edge of the glass.

He seems to be aware of the sudden scrutiny and gets up abruptly, heading for the door, walking with a cane.

Shayuri

First Post
Nathan frowns as he focuses for a moment on something behind the others.

"That's funny. Is that guy wa..."

When the man watching them gets up and starts to leave, Nathan's eyes pop open in disbelief almost as great as when he saw the wing levitate.

"He IS watching us! Hey, wait!"

In a trice he's up on his feet, knocking his chair over backwards, and ducking around the table to give chase to the completely unknown (but certainly totally harmless...right?) stranger!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Howie looks around to see who nathan is talking about, the sudden action giving a bit of a squishy head feeling of drinking too fast....or was that from seeing the flying buffalo wing and self delivering beer....

Remove ads