[D20 Modern] Paths of Legend: Shadowgate (IC)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Howie turns to Nahan and asks, "What if something goes wrong on a technical basis? Who will rescue us big gun wielding types when the thingy bobbers are broke? " he asks with a good natured grin.

Fanatic

First Post
Amy smiles. "Aww you're both big babies. I've got you covered if everything goes FUBAR, plus it's a recon mission, Howie and I can do this stuff in our sleep, plus if anything goes wrong Howie will make a great meatshield." With that Amy pats Howie on the back and waits for Harvey's response.

Inwardly she is a little worried about temperature, oxygen levels and quite possibly strange diseases and bacteria, but that was for the the prep teams to worry about. Her mission was to search and rescue, and to a lesser extent ensure her team had a firm grip on reality, especially the civilians.

Scott DeWar

In his best bad australian accent Howie turns his head slowly to amy and says," Meat. Shield. Thanks Mate. I just hope to make it back to put anotha' shrimp on the barbi."

Shayuri

First Post
Nathan puts his fingers to his temple and sways in his seat. "Whoa...slow down there. You're making me dizzy with your use of technical jargon. Thingy bobbers. Anyway, don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm not eager to see how this works and visit a parallel dimension...just sort of, you know, wondering if I'm really 'first-in' material. I sort of had this mental image of you guys going in, having a big epic battle where you secure plenty of technology and then, once the area's secure, I come in to figure it all out."

He looks around the table. "...not happening like that, huh? Alright then...uh, do we get bulletproof vests at least?"

Scott DeWar

"In all honesty, the best mission is where not a sigle bullit is shot. where the enemy doesnt even realize we were there until they find something missing, like our people. us moving as shadows, if you will.as for bullit proof vests, I feer they amy not work against thoswe hand crossbows. Does anyone know the effectiveness of our armor to their weapons? did not the men shot with the sleeop poisen wear them? and they were still shot?"

Yttermayn

First Post
"If I remember correctly, the beings doing the shooting demonstrated remarkable accuracy by placing the bolts in small, exposed areas or where armor was weak." Connor comments.

Scott DeWar

Then the class c anti- balistic armor issued should do quite well. " then l9oking to the head f the table he says, "general, May I speake freely?"

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
General Staunton addresses Nathan first, "Your job is to make sure the crystal, ahem, thingy-bobbers, work correctly and make on the spot repairs and adjustments should the need arise."

Turning to Amy he says, "You'll be carrying extra doses of the anti-toxin you were all given this morning. It should, we hope, give you a better a chance of resisting the poison the aliens used in their initial attack."

OOC: The anti-toxin gives you a +5 bonus on Fort saves against that specific type of poison and lasts for six hours. Amy has 20 doses in her gear in addition to standard first aid kits.

Turning to Connor, Staunton shrugs, "You're the only who can figure out how to do whatever it is you do. So the answer to your question is entirely up to you."

Finally, Staunton answers Howie, "Permission granted. What's on your mind?"

Scott DeWar

'this is no ell tee here, so I had best watch what i say. ' thinks howie to himself.

"Sir, I recommend that each mmember of the team be issued the same armor that is issued to the regular forces in Iraq, however, I really recommend that we all be issued Dragonscale personal anti ballistic protection, sir. Furthermore, I would recommend that those not already trained in military armaments that they be trained and issued to carry at all time the minimum of a forty-five calaber automatic side arm. That should carry the proper stopping power of anything out there that I can think of at this time, General."

He continues to to look to the general, wondering what his expression may reveal about his request.

Yttermayn

First Post
"Thank you general, that was a very helpfull answer. No, really." Connor says, annoyed. "Maybe one of your other atlantians, maybe that fellow that first contacted me could illuminate a little for me? Point me in the right direction or something?"

Remove ads