[D20 Modern] Paths of Legend: Shadowgate (IC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The older gentleman follows Nathan back to the group's table, but doesn't sit.

"I apologize if I seem rude, but I can't stay. I am Dr. Zachary Logan. I was supposed to meet a fellow by the name of Thomas Morgan here, but he never arrived. Then I recognized Mr. Blaise here, though I doubt he recognizes me, especially in his current state."

He hands Nathan a business card, "We'll talk again, I promise, but not in such a public venue. When you've had your fill of government cover-ups and bureacracy, give me a call."

He then turns and starts toward the exit again.

Amy sees the group's server and someone who appears to be a manager by the door to the kitchen, whispering to each other and pointing at the group's table.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Howie comes to his senses at the name of the doctor, "Wait! Doc!" He stumbles to catch up with the older gentleman. When catches him he asks in a slightly slurred but very serious tone, "What do you know of a marine corporal named Thomas Morgan, sir?"

OOC: Ack! I had to look all the way back to post 94 to find that!

Shayuri

First Post
Nathan inspects the business card with all due awe for something so deliciously X-Files. Any second now Scully would come in and ask to question him privately...and one thing would lead to another...

He chuckled and put the card in his wallet. Couldn't be too safe with something like that.

Fanatic

First Post
Amy moves from her seat with her arms open and approaches the manager and the waitperson. "Hi guys, I couldn't help but notice you were pointing to our table, so I just thought I'd come over and ask if we were causing any trouble and to clear up any misunderstandings we might have." Amy pauses for a second, glancing around the bar and feigning interest. "Speaking of which this is quite a nice bar, I'm from Australia so our local watering holes are a bit less refined. How much does it cost to set up a place like this over here?"

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Yttermayn, are you still with us?

Dr. Logan stops for a moment, answering Howie, "I was supposed to meet Morgan here but he didn't show. Again, this isn't the best time or place for this. Your friend has my number."

Logan leaves without anothe word.

Meanwhile, the restaurant manager smiles at Amy, "Australia? Really?" He goes on to make casual conversation, answering Amy's other questions.

The Next Morning

The mission briefing starts at 06:00. Harvey is there, but Max is conspicuously missing and Harvey looks concerned.

General Staunton enters the briefing room, "Good morning, please have a seat. Anyone know where Mr. Storm is?"

Harvey answers, "The last time I saw him was shortly after we got back from the hospital last night."

Staunton frowns, "Well, we can't wait. Harvey."

Harvey passes out recall crystals to everyone, "Remember, these are set on a 24 hour timer but you can reset the timer to come back sooner if need be." He gives Howie six extra recall crystals, "These are for our missing people."

Staunton continues, "Your mission is recon. Scout the enemy, determine their strength and numbers and report back. Secondary objective is search and rescue. Find our missing people and bring them back. All you have to do is slap a recall crystal on them and set the timer for zero. Any questions?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=R.O.E.] rules of engagement. It is the rules that deturmine if and when aggressive confrontation is allowed, where aggressive confrontation is defined as but not neccessarily limited to phisical assult of any kind.

IE: don't shoot, unless shot at first(a vietnam war ROE)

is that cleare enough? or ... ?
[/sblock]

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: Yup, still around, just waiting for something to respond to I guess.

Connor looks up "I have a question. One of the techs mentioned I might be able to recall without a crystal on account I already have one in my brain or somesuch? Any word on how exactly I go about doing that?"

Shayuri

First Post
Nathan raised his hand, having momentarily been distracted by the recall crystal.

"Yes, uh...am I really field personnel? I sort of figured I'd be tucked under a mountain while the big strong gun-wielding types went and got me cool stuff to figure out." He grinned weakly.

"I mean, you know, not that I'm not brave and willing to sacrifice myself, but lets face it, you didn't bring me here for my background in 'recon' and 'search and rescue.'" He makes little scare marks with his fingers around the words.

Remove ads